Odd, sharp, pulling pain on right side. 5w4d

LadyLovenox

Reaction score
Hi ladies! First time ever posting on an actual pregnancy board!! After three years and three months of ttc, we are 5w4d pregnant through ivf! We are cautiously optimistic, but every little thing freaks me out! For the last few hours, I've had a strange, sharp, pulling feeling on my right side. It isn't consistent.... I've had it about 4 times in the last 2 hours. It's enough to take my breath away for a split second, and then it's gone. My first beta was 718, and three days later, 2663. From what I've read, it seems most ectopic pregnancies start out with much lower hcg, so I'm hoping and praying that's not it. Has anyone had these pains, and found them to be just stretching pains? What are your thoughts"?

Hey Hun first of all congratulations,

I am 7 plus weeks (I think lol) and I have been having the same pain but on my left side all I can find on google is ligament pain, could be constipation or corpus luteum which is a cyst that helps keeps the pregnancy going till the placenta takes over but can cause a little pain on either side but usually doesn't cause any problems normally disappears when the placenta takes over, I'm hoping that's what mine was its actually gone now but I'm still get cramps here and there, I bet everything is okay Hun xx

I had soooo many pains in those first couple of weeks! Honestly if it's not crippling and you aren't bleeding, just assume it's stretching and growing pains :flower:

I agree with pp Hun. Pregnancy is filled with weird sensations, cramps and twinges. Unless it is very painful it's more than likely nothing to worry about. If it really bothers you though you should mention it to your midwife, even if it's just for reassurance! Good luck! :)

Thanks so so much!!! You ladies have def eased my mind!! I wish I could just fast forward the time.... These early days are scary!!!

Bloody terrifying isn't it! And I've been through it before but still find it just as scary. Just wish sometimes I could see what was going on inside to know all is ok. Honestly don't think you have anything to worry about though! :)

Hi LadyLovenox! Agreeing with the other ladies. Unless you have 'sever' pain and/or bleeding you should be fine. I have had the exact same sensations and odd pains on my right for over a week now (I'm just over 4 weeks). A lot of ladies say they have experienced similar feelings.

Thanks!! Yes... It is!!!! I'm jealous of people who were unaware they were even pregnant until like week 9....must be nice!

I've thought the same thing! My SIL didn't know until 10 weeks. Wouldn't that be nice!!

Just thought I'd throw it out there in case your having other issues like bathroom issues (tmi) but I suffered my whole life since and infant from constipation and was diagnosed with IBS in my teens and since getting pregnant it's worse... when I was finally able to start eating more this past week I started getting really backed up and anytime I felt a pain in my right side it wasn't long before I was in the bathroom. I've read your intestines are on the right and when your pregnant stuff gets moved a little and pressed on more. So it could be something absolutely harmless. :)

Thanks so much.... I haven't had anymore of that type of pain tonight, so hopefully it was nothing. Wish I could just relax and enjoy instead of worry and obsess!

This morning I've got an intermittent, pulling type pain low on my left hand side. I have been constipated so I'm putting it down to that. I got my BFP 3 days ago (no idea on date until early scan due to PCOS) and I'm looking for things! It's by no means severe so I'll take the advice here and not worry! xxxx

I had this around week 5 as well and ended up going in for a scan to make sure it wasn't ectopic. They found a few corpus luteum cysts on my right ovary which was causing the sharp pain... Apparently the tend to go away after about 6 weeks and aren't dangerous, so I was very relieved!

I hope yours is nothing serious. If it keeps hurting or gets worse, you should get it checked out. Ectopic pregnancies can be dangerous to the mother. Good luck!

I'm glad to report I've had no more of those pains since posting. Literally... Sooo much to worry about at this stage

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->