Off-limits foods

If peanut products were so bad for you the health department would not be giving so much peanut butter to pregnant women through their WIC program. I also read that tap water is off-limits. *shakes head*

I eat tons of peanut butter, too.

Blondie, runny egg yolks carry the same danger as raw eggs. This is because the problem is the egg MIGHT contain salmonella. If you are a healthy adult, you are likely to fight off an infection with no problem. However, if you are pregnant the infection might be dangerous. Only cooking the egg until it is hard will kill any bacteria that is there. So if the egg is infected, the bacteria would still be present in runny yolk.

However, think of it this way -- how often have you gotten sick from eggs? It is very very rare. Yet, just remember, that there is always that very small chance and it would suck if it happened to you.

You know I wasn't too concerned with getting listeria or salmonella when I was pregnant but with all the salmonella outbreaks hitting the news lately I might be thinking twice if I was pg now.

They're actually saying now that they think the rise in peanut allergies is due to people avoiding them in pregnancy and not giving them to their kids.

I've heard this too and it absolutely makes sense I think! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->