Offering water - how often?

candyfloss

Reaction score
We're doing BLW and W has been BF until 6 months, weaning going really well but he does have issues with passing his solid poos!

He's not constipated as such (not hard pellets when he does pass them) but he does struggle and when he went today the first poo was drier than ideal. Even when only being BF he would poo every 3-5 days and today was day 4 for him, but he'd been trying on and off since yesterday to go, poor little man!

Think I need to offer him more water during the day, so was wondering how often everyone else offers it? He has lots of fruit and high fluid foods and never seems dehydrated (clear urine and lots of heavy wet nappies).

I've only been offering it at meal times (in the middle and at the end of the meal, he has 3 solid meals a day now) and he has 3-4 BF a day still but maybe this isn't enough......

do you give any snacks? i offer with isabel's snacks (have done snacks early on as she's also BLW to increase amount she consumes). then any time i get myself a drink i offer her some water

I offer her water with snacks too, and also in the hour or so before bed she'll have baby tea (as our house is so dry and I'm trying to get her rehydrated for the night!). For some reason I always remember to offer her more often when we're out.

Sofia found her first more solid poos really hard to pass, I remember the first couple she was crying and crying, I had to help her pushing her knees up. I think it's normal, they've been used to those squidgy bf poos and the solids are a bit of a shock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->