Official October Team Bumpkins

Snap - 9lb6oz and he put on 1.5oz in his first week (weighed on Monday) so he's about 9lb8 now I reckon. Sounds like you have a very healthy and happy little munchkin there though!

The 0-3 months are massive on him but the newborn just don't fit....he looks like he's wearing a windsock sometimes lol.

I didn't have any pethidine - Just gas and air and a long time in a birthing pool. I think the MW's weren't expecting him to be quite so big and let me go without really considering his size (torn membranes and his injury would suggest I should have been slowed down a little bit in the pushing stage) but still....I know that the complications I suffered this time will stop me from even being allowed to do it again in the same way.....not sure whether or not I'm sad about that or now. :shrug:

aww bles him and you =[

With DD i had forceps and episiotomy, and she got stuck, she was [only] 8lb15! so they induced me a few days early because they said he was going to be nearly 10lb! im dreading if we have anymore there going to be huge! im shocked that Dex didnt get stuck tbh, but i was pushing for just under 2 hours. I could feel he struggling to get through my hips and it KILLED. i had spd too so that didnt help =[

Aimee-Lou I know what you mean. I'm really nervous about having the next baby because I'm petrified that the baby will get stuck again and we will lose it this time (James was having pretty major drops in his heartrate and when he was born his blood gases werent great). I said to OH yesterday that I think I might go for an elective CSection and he told me I worry about things too much!

Ahh girls, things dont always run like that, fortunately!!
DS1 was 7lb12 born, but he was ventouse delivery, which meant I had to be cut, because he heart beat kept dropping dangerously low and he needed oxygen on delivery.
DS2 was a dream to deliver, 3 pushes and he was out, 7lb1, no stitches:happydance: very quick recovery.
Aidyn, 9lb6 also, I was only pushing for 8 mins:happydance: and only had 2 stitches!!
If it wasnt for the retained placenta after his birth would have been very straight forward too.
Think the thing is to not think about it too much, no 2 births are ever the same.
:hugs:

I agree with the fear of another one, I was in a birthing pool at first and progressing really quickly, technically Chloe should have been born on 30 th but I was at pushing stage and she got stuck. They gote out the pool after eveything slowed down, I need OH to help me complete next part of story but all I can say was it was horrible as they tried to speed up my contractions, I was in souch pain I missed a big chunk of what happened but then after several medical opinions they realized she was stuck, they thought I was being lazy and not pushing right! I ended up in theatre, had a cut and forceps delivery.

you know when they cut you do they numb you? when i was cut with DD i obv had an epidural lol.. this time i couldnt feel tearing?! but im guessing id feel being cut? they threatened me with being cut and she started getting the stuff out but i refused lol i was more scared of being cut the pushing him out

Hi girls, just nipping on quick to let you know I had my beautiful Ethan Lewis last night, 3/11/09 at 9.20pm :happydance: a healthy 8lb 15.5 :cloud9:

Didn't go to plan atall,didn't get anywhere near my planned water birth OR home birth! BUT looking back at it now I'm kinda glad things worked out the way they did in the end, it's a long story,I'll fill in details tommorow,I'm just so knackered right now. I'm totally floating on cloud 9 right now, he is amazing, I can't stop stroking his little ead,it's sooo soft and smells delish lol

Helz, well done, another big boy to add to the bumpkins:happydance:
Told you he would be worth it in the end:hugs:

congratulations Helz!!!! :hugs:

Neferet just had her little boy as well. 2 more boys! :)

Congrats Helz, they do smell gorgeous dont they. Just smelling Noah can make me cry.

Noah got a parcel delivered yesterday, is little nanan sent some new clothes was lovely opening him a present.

I am feeling a bit worn out as yesterday Noah didnt sleep but he's done much better tonight. I slept all evening and mum watched him even though he was content playing in his crib. He's sleeping through between feeds better too. Although he has the odd off day.

MW came yesterdy and he's gained another 120g so he's not far off his birth weight now.

:yipee: Helz congrats sweetheart... That brought a tear to my eye knowing that he is finally here.

Neferet: congrats to you too x

Hey ladies , I havent been on much over the last couple of weeks. Hope you are all well and congrats to all the new arrivals xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Zac is going to be 4 weeks on sunday I cant believe it time goes so quickly.

Hope to see you all over in the baby club section soon xxx

Lol just digging up old memories here :haha:

Hope all are okay :flower: :hugs:

Megs hunni this was October 09 bumpkins. There is another one for this year somewhere. Sorry hun.

Holy cow! this does bring back some memorys & what wonderful ones they are :)

I cant wait to do it all again :lol: xxx

:hugs: to all my bumpkin girlies & your gorgeous babies xxx

Hello ladies, just wondering whether any of you ever look in here. I don't know what made me think of the Bumpkins - just some random 'I wonder what you're all doing' kind of thing :) Love to hear from you xxx

Wow, how are you, I remember you!

I put a thread up a while ago, January I think to see who was still around and there were quite a few.

I'm expecting again which is so exciting. Hope things are good with you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->