Official October Team Bumpkins

Afternoon All!

Where do the days go?

Colsy ~ Have you tried a warm bath before bed, rubbing babe's back when they're face down across your knee, and then gripe water (or sommat like)? I know it's something that's so hard to watch. My HV back then showed me a massage to try on DS which helped ease his pain slightly.. DS suffered sommat horrid when he was little, CC (cheeky charlie) seems to be doing well at the moment (touch wood)... Early days tho...

Kte ~ Wow! Hope LO arrives very very soon... Gosh, there has been some bloody long labours... Good Luck Babe!!!

Helz ~ Hope your LO arrive very very soon too... As JLo said they're so worth waiting for...

Baby.Love ~ Sorry to hear you've ended up with an infection, hope the anti-biotics clear it quickly...

Maffie ~ Hope OH is home safe soon, Glad to hear LO is doing so well! Hope you're doing well too...

Hmmm we managed 5 hours of sleep last night!?!? Felt so good this morning! Beats the 2 hours the day before! CC is feeding very well, thank goodness, my Milk has started to come in now; which is a big bonus, although she does take some winding... LOL Seems to spitting up more now tho, think it's cause she keeps trying to use the nipple as a dummy LOL Lazy Little Madam!

I'm starting to wonder where all the time goes, I've had visits to do (trying to keep families happy), visitors here, OH to take to work so I can have the car, OH to collect so he can sleep, GP, MW and Registrar to see, shopping to do, washing, housework to try to keep up on and DS to keep entertained. Not sure if him being on half term has been a good thing or a bad thing... He's absolutely buggered... I'm so releived it's Saturday to tomorrow...

I'm so looking forward to DS being back at school Monday, being able to bimble about with CC in pram and dog in tow; in the morning to come home and play super Mum... Feel so well in myself compared to the pregnant me. I can bend, walk and within reason sleep...

OH has had some very long days, and bless not too much sleep. More than I've had, but I guess CC is impacting on everyone's sleep at the mo, OH as he's coming in late and DS as we're taking OH to work so he's having to get up early after late nights; back to normal next week tho (hopefully)...

OH had me laughing the other morning, he changed CC one morning at silly o'clock and he talked to CC all the time... LOL then this morning he was cuddling her whilst I was having a wash etc; there's not many females he could get away whispering sweet nothings too when in bed without finding himself in big trouble. She's got her Daddy wrapped around her little finger already.. He's gonna struggle on the telling off and guidance as she grow up... LOL...

Just when you think you can't love someone any more..... You fall in love all over again... I'm so in love with my OH!!!

Hi Everyone,

Not been on here in such a long time - just thought I'd update on our new arrival.

Our Baby Boy was born on Thursday 29th at 8.48am. Labour was very quick - waters broke at 10.30pm - contractions started at 2am ish and was fully dilated at 7.30am.

No name as yet - he weighed 9lb 1oz - baby was too large to come out on his own so after pushing for what seemed like days was taken to theatre and was delivered via forceps.

Unfortunately due to the problems being pulled out he has damaged a nerve in his shouder/arm (brachial plexus injury ) which means he has little/almost no movement in his left arm :cry: But it doesn't cause him any pain - which I am happy about.

We start physio on it next week and if that doesn't work then there is an option as well for surgery - so will just have to go with the flow and try and help things along by stimulating it at home with excersies give... just glad he's out safely - I never knew the bond would be so strong so instant..

Sorry if I am now rambling...

Congratulations to all other new mummies and good luck to those waiting for their lo's.

X

Amberley, congratulations on your little boy. :) I hope the physio helps his arm get better & that also you're recovering & adjusting well to being a new mummy. :hugs:

Hello, everyone! Just popping on to let you know that my little man has finally arrived:happydance:
Things were really rough for me and to be honest there are parts of the labour that my mind refuses to let me remember, i just shut down and cry. It's really confusing but the OH has told me he will fill me in when i'm feelng better and i'm more able to cope emotionally.
I went into labour at 3am Monday 26th. I made it to 4cm dilated before going to hospital and was overjoyed that i hadn't taken meds and was allowed a water birth. So far so good. Anyways, all know is that by 3am tues morning contractions were coming thick and fast (i still hadn't taken meds) but nothing else seemed to be progressing. I had an internal and theyrealised that i hadn't dilated at all since the 4cm i had managed before! At this point my waters were broken and found to be full of meconium. Bang goes the water birth because now i had to be continuousl monitored. It was after this that my memory goes foggy. I remember that every contraction made the LO's heart beat decrease to the point that we were literally holding our breaths and praying to hear the next one, they were so far apart. The next thing i know they are taking blood from his head via my cervix, i'm having to try and stay still whilst having contractions that are 1 min apart and agony in order to have an epidural because i have to have an emergency c-section. I remember being utterly terrified and my OH trying to calm me although he looked like he was in as much pain as i was. I was whisked to theatre, crowded by a team of people and was hooked up to god know how many machines and iv's. My gorgeous little miracle was brought into the world at 9:38am on Tues 27th weighing 7lbs 1. We named him Murphy and he is absolutely gorgeous:cloud9:
I later found out that my cervix refused to dilate, the little one had turned back to back, his head hadn't engaged and his umbilical cord was wrapped around his neck twice causing him to choke with every contraction! I also lost 1 litre of blood during delivery. His daddy and I are the most proud parents in the world though and even though it was a traumatic experience for us we would go though this ahundred times over just to have our little man:cloud9: He truly is our pride and joy and we will post pics as soon as i get a minute xx

gosh that sounds terrfying! I'm so glad you're both okay though & congratulations on the birth of little Murphy :)
Come join us in the bumpkin babies chat thread- it's in the BnB groups section. (or Kte has a link in her sig for it as well if that's easier?)

EDIT: here's the link for everyone to go to once you've had your babies ladies! :) https://www.babyandbump.com/bnb-groups/198700-bumpkins-babies-chat-thread.html

HarmonyBunny ~ Wow!!! What a story! Glad you are both home, safe and sound... Hope you are soon over the whole traumatic experience...

Amberley ~ Sorry to hear about LO's arm, hope the physio works...

To all the new Mums Congratulations... Can you believe it's November tomorrow! How long ago did our journey's start???

There you go some updates from baby blue club..

October 1st
xTaylorsMummy (Dexter James)
October 2nd
Sam76 (George James)
October 6th
Florabean1981 (Harry George Arthur Lees) - 6lb9oz
Charlottesma (?)
October 7th
Bailey4eva (Jake) - 8lb7oz
October 11th
Dom85 (Brady Luke) - 8lb6oz
October 13th
Littlekitten8 (James) - 6lb13oz
October 15th
Britt1986 (Bryson Jeffery) - 6lb14oz
October 16th
Anababe (Logan)
October 24th
Mrs029 (Rory) - 8lb 4oz

dont know how many of these you have already x (these are all births) x

Hello lovely ladies! I am home with my little man. He arrived on 27th October (3 days overdue). I'd had a few niggly pains in the day on the 26th and had a sweep at 4pm when the consultant said I was already 3cm dilated. Waters went at 10.15pm and after an eye-poppingly painful car trip to hospital out he came at 2.28am so a very quick (& intense!) labour. 7lbs 7oz.

Delighted with my little man, although still stuck for names! The short list has got shorter but we still can't make a decision....lots of luck to those still waiting. x

My little girl Chloe Louise showed up on 31st Oct at 6;10 am weigh 6 14. OZ.

Crazy 12 hour birth and forceps delivery in end, I will be posting details and pics soon xx

Kte ~ Congratulations!?!?! Can you believe we've both had little girls? My OH's face was a picture when he found out, he told me; and even now he still keeps on about the look on my face when he told me, sheer joy! Was a little 'told you so'... LOL even had a conversation the week before saying that Charlotte felt better than Owen... See I knew!

Kte ~ Congratulations!?!?! Can you believe we've both had little girls? My OH's face was a picture when he found out, he told me; and even now he still keeps on about the look on my face when he told me, sheer joy! Was a little 'told you so'... LOL even had a conversation the week before saying that Charlotte felt better than Owen... See I knew!

I'm just so stunned, I cant stop smiling and the happy tears are creaping in! I still can't believe it, I keep on having to tell myself 'I have a daughter'!! It feels so natural that she is OH's but /i just can't get it into my head I am her Mummy :cloud9:

OH broke into tears when they told us she was a girl, it was the best moment of my life.

just on quick to say that baby Emily was born on 29th of October at 9.34 am weighing 7lbs 9.5oz. we are home since saturday doing well.

My little girl Chloe Louise showed up on 31st Oct at 6;10 am weigh 6 14. OZ.

Crazy 12 hour birth and forceps delivery in end, I will be posting details and pics soon xx

aww well done; lovely name too lol my daughter is also Chloe Louise!

Congratulations Kte - what a beautiful name! :hugs:

Congratulations to all the other bumpkin Mummies and babies :D

Thanks all, and congratz to any new mummies I missed x

OH chose Chloe pretty much as soon as I said I was pregnant and Louise is after my middle name :) I hadn't heard the name until we chose it lol but I have to agree and everyone comments on how nice the name is x

im sooo broody still =/ =/ no idea why! i feel like iv been robbed of a newborn baby =[ he was weighed today at 4weeks+6days at 11lb7oz! hes so good though atm, he slept from 11pm till 5am today! =]

im sooo broody still =/ =/ no idea why! i feel like iv been robbed of a newborn baby =[ he was weighed today at 4weeks+6days at 11lb7oz! hes so good though atm, he slept from 11pm till 5am today! =]

Earl was the same as your Dexter when he was born....i.e. on the large side! :).... and he put on last week (intrigued to see this week's now as he just keeps eating lol). I don't feel like I've been robbed of a newborn but I know what you mean. People keep commenting on how big he is (even had a nurse at the hospital ask me if his weight was because I had GD? - couldn't decide if that was polite or not as it wasn't as if she was the nurse who booked us in, she was just popping in on us!)

I am certainly not broody though.....hubby is already talking about 'when we have number 2'. I have already said that when we decide on that I'm getting booked in and knocked out in advance of all that pain (it's all still a bit raw lol)

lol Earl is such a cutie! how big was he born? Dex was 9lb6. Yeah i didnt mean robbed of a newborn but i ment how big he is. I keep looking at weight size on 0-3mths and worry he is going to be out of them pretty quickly! although they are massive on him lol.

Yeah pain is stil really raw but i think my birth was quite good apart from the tear.. think i would do it again just have the pethadine/gas n air earlier lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->