Officially joining you all today

FuzzyCaz

TTC#1 35+
Reaction score
Got the all-clear from my Endocrinologist in March.

And finally got around to having *the chat* with my GP this morning.

So, as of today, after years of being told by my medical team that we mustn't and having to solemnly promise that we would take every precaution possible not to, hubby (43) and I (37) are finally going to have a go at this baby-makin' lark. We've no kids at all between us, so its a first for us both. Exciting, but scary at the same time. The condoms are going in the bin, un-used. And my profile status has been changed from WTT to TTC *woot*!

Obviously, age is a factor, and I have pre-existing health conditions, so we're starting the journey with our eyes open and realistic expectations...but sure, we'll give it a go, and what will be will be. Telling no-one, not friends, not family, just my GP and you guys. Told my mother that we finally can, but not that we actually will. Don't want the pressure. Just want to see what happens.

My GP advised that she normally tells couples to come back after a year if no joy, but given my age and health issues, she has told us to come back after 6 months, so she can get any necessary investigations underway sooner. She is the same age as me, had her first 2 years ago, and 2nd 6 months ago...so she knows what's potentially ahead. She's 100% supportive, and I'm blessed to be on her patient's list!

:hugs:Welcome to the forum! I am so happy that you got the go ahead. The group of women here are spectacular people and you'll find all of the support that you need.

Hope to see you around!:flower:

Welcome, i sure hope your stay is short and sweet, how exciting to be starting out!!!!!

Welcome to TTC :hi:

So happy after years of being told NO you finally get the go ahead to TTC and that you have a great GP :thumbup:

Good luck on your journey and I hope your stay in TTC is short and it will seem like a blink of an eye before you head to the pregnancy section once you get your BFP :dust:

Welcome, it's a great bunch of girls in this forum, I love it here!

PS Why were you not allowed to TTC before?

Hello! You may get pg right away who knows? I see it happen all the time. Positive thoughts...It is so exciting all you have to look forward to with a first baby.

Hi Fuzzy! :flower:

Welcome, I think you'll like it here - the ladies are all very lovely and supportive.

Good luck & may your stay here in TTC land be short. :thumbup:

Welcome, how fantastic to be allowed if you have had to wait I hope it is a short hop skip and babydance until your bfp!

Welcome aboard. Theres a great bunch of people on here(some completely bonkers and have me in stiches daily) and a lot of support.

Hope your stay is a short one.

Wishing you the very best of luck on your ttc journey.

Wendy
x

Got the all-clear from my Endocrinologist in March.

And finally got around to having *the chat* with my GP this morning.

So, as of today, after years of being told by my medical team that we mustn't and having to solemnly promise that we would take every precaution possible not to, hubby (43) and I (37) are finally going to have a go at this baby-makin' lark. We've no kids at all between us, so its a first for us both. Exciting, but scary at the same time. The condoms are going in the bin, un-used. And my profile status has been changed from WTT to TTC *woot*!

Obviously, age is a factor, and I have pre-existing health conditions, so we're starting the journey with our eyes open and realistic expectations...but sure, we'll give it a go, and what will be will be. Telling no-one, not friends, not family, just my GP and you guys. Told my mother that we finally can, but not that we actually will. Don't want the pressure. Just want to see what happens.

My GP advised that she normally tells couples to come back after a year if no joy, but given my age and health issues, she has told us to come back after 6 months, so she can get any necessary investigations underway sooner. She is the same age as me, had her first 2 years ago, and 2nd 6 months ago...so she knows what's potentially ahead. She's 100% supportive, and I'm blessed to be on her patient's list!

Welcome Fuzzy! :hugs:

Thank you ladies! I'm overwhelmed! :hugs: :flower:

PS Why were you not allowed to TTC before?

We didn't even think about it when we first got together, thought we had all the time in the world.

Then I got diagnosed with Grave's disease/hyperthyroidism several years ago, and got put on carbimazole long-term (known to cause serious birth defects). We tried a pregnancy-friendly anti-thyroid drug for a while, but it didn't suit me at all, so went back on the carbimazole. Thyroid didn't improve, levels were all over the place from month to month. So even if I was on the *good* anti-thyroid meds I was advised not to.
Time went on, still thinking we had all the time in the world for baby stuff. Then finally they did a thyroidectomy on me last year...and had to wait for a minimum number of good blood test results post-surgery before they would reconsider...and all of a sudden, here I am, and I'm 37 *gulp* where did all that time go?

Wow...that's a long road for WTT...hopefully you will not be TTC long....

Welcome fuzzy, looking forward to sharing your journey. x x

Aaah ok, yeah that must have been pretty frustrating for you Fuzzy, ah well welcome to the gang

So glad you're doing well. My mother had 3/4 of her thyroid removed in her mid 20's, but was in the clear with it from that point on. Best of luck to you!

Oh FFS...where is AF?

Last 5 cycles have been 25-28 days....and here I am on CD30 waiting & excited to get busy (for the first time ever) on the next cycle, and all I've had so far is 12 hrs on Saturday of *very* light spotting...its as if she knows, and just wants to mess with my head :growlmad:

Hi Fuzzy :hi: How exciting!!! Welcome to the 'overs':thumbup: Good luck and lots of :dust:

Hi fuzzy , your in the right place for support , warmth and a good belly laugh just when you need it.
Fingers crossed all will be well:winkwink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->