OH being distant and cold with me :(

chammydoodle

Reaction score
Hey ladies im 35 weeks pregnant and getting really nervous about the fact iv only 5 weeks left to but my main problem is my OH! he is being really distant from me hes stopped being affectionate, no cuddles, kiss's or anything when normally he is very caring? i hardly hear from him through the day where as before he would always ring or text me to make sure myself and bump where good! And hes totaly lost interest in the baby and me? i cant understand whats happened its hurting me so much becos i need him rite now more then ever and hes just not helping! iv sat and cryed all day i just dont no how to make it better

Aww im sure it will be ok, is this your first baby? my husband did this since i was 5 weeks pregnant and is now starting to come around, maybe its just suddenly hit him and he is scared(which they dont like to admit) or sorry to make you worried by asking this but is there any chance of an affair? x

Think you need to ask him outright, it's the only way you will find out. Like pp said he could just be getting nervous x

It could be that he's nervous... Although being the paranoid woman I am, I can't help but be suspicious of cheating. :( Sorry not trying to make you worry, I probably shouldn't have said anything at all. Just that's where my mind went first because I'm crazy. lol

Tryed to talking to him its pointless, thank u all maybe he is scared or having an affair who knows

Not gonna lie I'm crazy n very big worry wort as all ny past relationships have cheated on me. I always check dh phone texts call log camera/photos Facebook ect he knows I do it. Honestly can't help it I make myself sick if I don't

If he hasn't given you any reason not to trust him then I wouldn't worry yourself over the possibility of an affair. It will just stress you more. He may just be nervous about baby on the way and isn't communicating it to you.

Maybe when you are sitting next to each other in the evening grab his hand and place it on your bump, give him a kiss, etc. Send him sweet texts throughout the day while he is at work. Plan a movie night at home and cuddle. Sometimes if you initiate affection it gets the ball rolling :)

Is there a chance he is bored with all the baby talk? Pregnancy is very real for us because it's happening in our bodies and we feel all the sensations & develop a connection with the baby early on. Men on the other hand don't understand & develop the bond when the bub is born.

If he hasn't given you any reason not to trust him then I wouldn't worry yourself over the possibility of an affair. It will just stress you more. He may just be nervous about baby on the way and isn't communicating it to you.

Maybe when you are sitting next to each other in the evening grab his hand and place it on your bump, give him a kiss, etc. Send him sweet texts throughout the day while he is at work. Plan a movie night at home and cuddle. Sometimes if you initiate affection it gets the ball rolling :)

This is a nice idea, might just get things back on track or at least get some sort of reaction

I'm so sorry to say this but this exact same thing happened to me in my first trimester. OH went from being his usual, dependably warm self to being more and more distant. I had horrific MS for weeks and weeks and thought it may just be him not knowing how to help me. It turned out he had been having an affair pretty much ever since we conceived. I asked him outright several times if he was cheating when I was in your current position of not knowing what the hell was making him act so distant and he just denied it. Eventually, the guilt cracked him and he fessed up. I honestly don't know what will happen now. We are together....just. My OH was the most unlikely person in the world to do this and yet he did it. So I'd keep pressing yours for the truth until he gives it to you. Checking his phone might be good too?

Really hoping that it's just his weird man fears and not what I've experienced xx

I would try talking to him again. All the stress hes giving you isnt good for you or baby.x

:flower: hi :hugs:

pls stop stressing yourself and assume anything ....just sit him down and be open with how you feel and why ....

and hear him out

it could be nothing just him stressing about you and baby ...or work related ...may be he is not saying anything coz he does not want to worry you and ......atleast you will know

however like the other posters said if it is an affair ...the only way you will know is checking his phone/work & personal emails / etc ...very rarely men admit to having affairs ...and you dont want to bring that into your relationship without having concrete proof he is...

so talk to him first asap and dont let it fester inside you ....:hugs:

I'm so sorry to say this but this exact same thing happened to me in my first trimester. OH went from being his usual, dependably warm self to being more and more distant. I had horrific MS for weeks and weeks and thought it may just be him not knowing how to help me. It turned out he had been having an affair pretty much ever since we conceived. I asked him outright several times if he was cheating when I was in your current position of not knowing what the hell was making him act so distant and he just denied it. Eventually, the guilt cracked him and he fessed up. I honestly don't know what will happen now. We are together....just. My OH was the most unlikely person in the world to do this and yet he did it. So I'd keep pressing yours for the truth until he gives it to you. Checking his phone might be good too?

Really hoping that it's just his weird man fears and not what I've experienced xx

Thats sort of what happend to me, i thought it was just cos i had bad ms but i know theres more to it which he wont admit so im still stressed about it but what can i do unless he confesses to it then i have no proof, so im just trying to move on from it and figure out what i want to do and im just putting it down to being scared for now

Thats sort of what happend to me, i thought it was just cos i had bad ms but i know theres more to it which he wont admit so im still stressed about it but what can i do unless he confesses to it then i have no proof, so im just trying to move on from it and figure out what i want to do and im just putting it down to being scared for now

If you can let it go, then that's great as you don't need the stress right now. But if you're anything like me, it'll bug and bug you until you know. I checked his emails, phone, credit card statements and even went through the receipts in his wallet. I found plenty of evidence, believe me. So if you can't let it lie, then snoop away girlie! Hopefully you'll find nothing and your mind will be at ease and if you do find something, then at least you know. xx:hugs:

If you can let it go, then that's great as you don't need the stress right now. But if you're anything like me, it'll bug and bug you until you know. I checked his emails, phone, credit card statements and even went through the receipts in his wallet. I found plenty of evidence, believe me. So if you can't let it lie, then snoop away girlie! Hopefully you'll find nothing and your mind will be at ease and if you do find something, then at least you know. xx:hugs:

thanks but i cant check as he lost his phone so i think thats odd but without evidence i cant do much, men are a headache on legs lol im sure if he has been unfaithful time will tell, well i hope id find out someday then id kick his ass out!! i hope things work out for you and your partner is kissing the ground you walk on xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->