oh boy!!! :(

Ilovehim89

Reaction score
just got a call to remind me of James evaluation on Tuesday. There will NOT be three people, there will be FOUR people coming!!! Oh boy!! He may freak out with too many unknown people here :\

Good luck hun. :hugs: Hope it goes well and he doesn't get too overwhelmed. x

I would explain how you think he may react and ask if they can work it out some other way? Good luck xx

Thanks, ladies. The thing is, they need all these people with them to better assess him. It will be a developmental pediatrician, an OT, a speech therapist, and the lady that did his intake.

Maybe it's possible they may not all be in the same room at the same time? At my son's first assessment, he had the Developmental Pediatrician, Occupational Therapist, Speech Therapist, and Physio. Also the woman who is our contact for the centre. Anyway, they weren't all in the room at the same time - there was one of those mirrors that you can look through, so some would come in and others would observe through the mirror. (Sounds like a weird cop show, but it was totally fine) They were actually really great and able to engage my son pretty well! xx

Lots of luck xx

They will take it slow. They know that most kids (espesially with developmental disorders) will have a hard time adjusting. It is actually quite fun...and we were allowed to be there too, the whole time...and just be happy and take it slow.

Maybe it's possible they may not all be in the same room at the same time? At my son's first assessment, he had the Developmental Pediatrician, Occupational Therapist, Speech Therapist, and Physio. Also the woman who is our contact for the centre. Anyway, they weren't all in the room at the same time - there was one of those mirrors that you can look through, so some would come in and others would observe through the mirror. (Sounds like a weird cop show, but it was totally fine) They were actually really great and able to engage my son pretty well! xx

Lots of luck xx
its at my house, so i am pretty sure it will be in the same room.

thank you, ladies. Hopefully they will just take it slow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->