Oh dear....

Fly

newly knocked up with #2!
Reaction score
I went to the Drs this morning - I've had a swollen, painful breast for 4 - 5 days now. He felt it and said there's a definite lump and put me on antibiotics for a week to see if that clears it up. I've also to go for blood tests, and go back in one week's time to get the results of the blood test - as well as to see if the lump is still there - if it is, there will be a biopsy.

He also asked me to do a home pregnancy test, and said he will be checking my blood for HCG. I did the home test - which was neg (I have the mirena coil so didn't expect otherwise, although it still made me :cry: to see my bfn.

He mentioned it was probably mastitis - I haven't BF'd for over two years (my DD is nearly 5) and he asked me if I'd been around someone else's baby, as sometimes hearing a newborn crying baby can prompt your breasts to get going again in women who have already breast-fed.

Well, I haven't been around someone else's baby - but, as you can tell from my other thread, I've been thinking about TCC and not being able to (yet) none stop for weeks - I wonder if that is it?

:cry:

So sorry you're having to worry. But what you said about thinking about babies does make sense. So fingers crossed it'll just be that and all will be fine very soon!
:hugs::hugs::hugs:

Sorry to hear you're going through this, it's probably one of those things though that makes you SO worried, then turns out to be something completely normal. Hopefully you'll be feeling better soon *hugs* :)
I don't know if thinking non-stop about TTC could trigger it, but I suppose when you hear a newborn baby's cry it triggers hormones in your body, and I guess it kinda makes sense that thinking about babies all the time might trigger the same sort of emotions and hormones. You'd have to ask your doctor I suppose m'lovely.
My period was 5 days late last month, but the one time we had unprotected nookie I took the morning after pill. I knew I wouldn't be, but it still sucked to see a BFN! lol
Hope you're feeling tiptop soon :) xx

I'm so sorry you have to worry about this hon - like fluffyburra said, I hope that it is just something that makes you worry, then turns out to be something minor IYKWIM?
Lots of hugs for you xx

Sorry you have this worry, I'm sure it will turn out to be nothing but big :hugs:

:hugs: i hope this all works out for you and you know soon enough what it is. :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Thank you all. I'll be picking up the results next thursday - I think it is probably a blocked duct or an infection of some kind - it feels very like the feeling I had when my breasts were engorged during breastfeeding... just on the one side though. Weird.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->