OH doesn't know how to be supportive!

heyyydayyy

Reaction score
I have always been fuller figured since I met my OH. I was 185 lbs when we met, eventually got down to 170, then when I was pregnant I gained a ton of weight. I don't want to disclose how much, but trust me, it was bigger than I have ever been in my life. I started Weight Watchers in January and I haven't been successful at all. In fact, I'm 3 lbs heavier now than I was when I started. :cry: That's really hard for me to face and I feel like such a failure.

But recently I've gotten back on the wagon and I'm now doing Shaun T's Rockin Body and I seriously love it. I do it for 1 hr per day, 5 days per week. I'm also following the WW plan much more rigidly. I have a weigh-in tonight and I know I'm going to see a loss, which is something I'm really looking forward to.

Now to the part about my OH. I was just talking to him about how disappointed I am in myself that I have spent the last 6 months gaining weight and not losing. I told him that if I just stuck to my WW plan from the get-go I could be 20 lbs down by now. And you know what he had the balls to tell me? "Well if you want to see results fast you should just stop eating!" My OH just suggested that I starve myself/crash diet. Obviously I was really offended by this, and I told him that I'm not looking for a quick fix. I said that I would rather lose the weight more slowly (1-2 lbs per week) and learn how to eat right instead of crash diet and end up gaining all the weight back once I stop.

Here's the kicker. He refuses to apologize! He said that since he didn't mean it in a rude way he shouldn't have to say he's sorry. Even though I told him that it really offended me and made me feel like he's suggesting I crash diet because HE would rather have me lose weight quickly because my body is unappealing now. I know that's not necessarily what he wants, but when he says something as drastic as "just stop eating" it makes me feel like it's because he has a problem with my weight now.

Ugh, just a vent...On the bright side I am actually quite proud of myself for this new turnaround and I'm confident that I'll stick with it! :happydance:

Irritating for sure!!! Grrrrr.... maybe he thought he was being funny? I don't know HOW that's funny... but sometimes men says stupid crap hun. But you are doing what is right... and losing slowly. As that will make it MUCH easier to keep off in the long run as well-- you got this!!! Just tell OH to stuff it. LOL.

If your interested- I lost the weight using the loseit app (there is myplate too)-- my friends used WW, but honestly, counting points and all that was just not my thing- haha. I simply JUST count calories- obviously I try to make healthy choices- but I can still eat whatever I want if I have a big craving, but those calories count- but so do my excercise calories burned :) Which just means I can eat more! and having the app on my smart phone makes it so much easier (for me at least).

Best of luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"