Oh goody. Another mouth to feed.

Kat541

New Mom 9/5/12
Reaction score
Also posted in BFP Announcements.

DH and I found out we are expecting #2, just 9 months after our first was born. So I guess we will be members of the "2 Under 2" crowd.

I'm not happy about it; this was a total accident. I mean, this was only the third time I ovulated since giving birth. I'll be due a month before I graduate college. I was pregnant with DS during school last year, and it was awful. Now, I have a toddler to deal with while going to school over full time and working full time, and since I'm going to be a teacher, I have to do student teaching sometime in there as well. We can't afford this. We could only barely afford the first one, and that was where we planned to stop. I was even in the process of becoming a surrogate!

Never make plans. They never work out.

Sorry you re feeling this way right now. I know it can't be easy to come to terms with, being a total surprise etc but things always have a way of working themselves out. It may be a tough road ahead but long term hopefully you will have a great career and 2 children close in age which is nice for them especially if they have a great close relationship. This is your situation now and I don't blame you for feeling the way you do but you can get through it and you will manage even if you have to find new ways of working round things as you go along so you don't exhaust yourself!

Hugs xx

I'm so sorry your feeling this way it will get better! When I first found out I was expecting again I spent the first 6 weeks crying, hating my baby and telling my oh how much I didn't want it! I saw my baby for the first time only 4 days ago and I can say in these 4 days I have grown love for this baby seeing my baby move around waving its arms and legs was absolutely amazing. Something I didn't want want only weeks ago has now become such a big part of me. I hope you to also start feeling happier about the pregnancy, this baby is a blessing in a disguise it it may take you time to realise that but you will soon know that your 'accident' was meant to be part of your family and you will love them just as much as your 1st born :hugs:

In sorry your going through this , I know an unexpected pregnancy can be very overwhelming .

I know it might not seem like it but it is possible and it will be okay . Everything happens for a reason .

If you need someone to talk to message me , my first I had in high school and this baby I was on birth control and the dad was supposed to be sterile we had broken up 3 weeks before I found out I was pregnant . So I know unexpected can be difficult

I think sometimes its very easy for any person to dwell on what's not going the way we want...it's like we're programmed that way...like if someone gives us a compliment, instead of being appreciative..we talk ourselves down and mention something bad. Maybe you should write down all the things you are grateful for..like your beautiful child, SO, the fact that you WILL eventually finish school, if you like where you live...whatever the positives are in your life and focus those.

When I found out I was having this baby I could stop crying, was even thinking of doing the worst, my head wasnt in it.

I had a holiday booked, I just wanted my Freya, I felt so guilty!

But now, 6 months pregnant Im starting to look forward to the baby being born :) Its scary but yeno what its meant to be xxxx

Kat, I know how you feel. I fell pregnant "accidentally" when my first was only 6.5 months after the doctor told us we wouldn't be able to conceive naturally. (Our first was conceived after infertility treatment.) It was a shock and I spent the whole first trimester preparing myself to miscarry since I wasn't taking the necessary supplements to sustain the pregnancy (they were getting in my milk and affecting my DD). Amazingly we survived first tri and we're now almost to 20 weeks. It took a long time but in the past two weeks-ish, I've finally come to terms with the pregnancy and love my growing baby. Finding out the gender and choosing a name definitely helped...

I ended up putting off finishing my BA and teaching credentials after my first because she has such severe separation anxiety. I tried to go back about a month ago, but she's still not ready. Now with a second on the way, it will have to wait until they're older. Until then, I'm a SAHM and loving it.

Good luck!

So sorry you're feeling like this. An unexpected pregnancy can really take the wind out of your sails. I found out I was PG when Eddy was just 5 months. I was supposed to be starting a college course in September and starting out on my new career - instead I'm trying to work out how to afford to stay home for another year and then go - that's if I can go at all before at least the eldest 2 are in receipt of free childcare. We were planning on a 3rd, but not yet and it has (practically speaking) screwed us over royally, but I wouldn't change it. Our current situation wont stay this way and while it's not how we planned, it will all work out in the end.

Take some time to work out your feelings - it's going to take time, so allow yourself to grieve for what should/could have been. Then you'll be able to focus on the good points. About yours and your children's long term future's.

:hugs:

so what protection did u use?

i know its gonna be hard. ill have 2 under 2s come august but itll be worth it hun. :hugs:

9months is v young still they change sooo much in the next 9 months and become more independent x

Im the same, my first isjust turning 6 months and we just found out #2 is on the way! Im not as excited as i was w ella and so etimes i cry because i feel i would be taking that away from her... But we just keep saying its a blessing in disguise... Im sure when i see and hear the heartbeat i will e more excited...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->