OH has changed his mind!

BellaBoo0512

Reaction score
So last month I realised I was on my last pack of pills, usually I get them every 6 months. I didn't have time to get to the doctors so me and hubby decided that if I get pregnant it's meant to be.. I took this as us NTNP.

Today he has asked me if I'm back on the pill yet. I said that I'm not and I thought we had decided that if I fall pregnant we would both be fine with it and his reply was that he thinks I should go back on the pill and he thought I was just staying off it for a month.

The thing is that I know we DTD 3 times around ovulation so there is a chance I could be pregnant. Now I'm dreading what his response will be if I am :(

That must be so confusing for you!!
Im sure if you are pregnant he will be fine with it, but the chances of getting pregnant straight away after coming off the pill is reduced i think, well thats what i read after comin off them

I think we must of just got our wires crossed during conversation! I'm due AF on Sunday so if I don't come on then I'll be going back on the pill for a while. I don't mind waiting a while longer if that's what OH wants.

I'm just panicking because I've read on various forums that your chances of getting pregnant the first month off the pill is pretty high. I don't know how accurate that is though!

Bella--I think it depends on where you look. Some doctors say there's a rebound effect where you're more likely to, while others don't think there's any effect. Most of them state that you return to your normal fertility--high or low--once you're off.

What do YOU want to happen?

Tbh I honestly wouldn't mind either way. If I was pregnant I would be over the moon but if I'm not I've decided to go back on the pill for a while longer until hubby feels ready :)

I know how confusing the change of mind thing can be, has happened to me too. We're were ntnp for 3 months last year b4 he changed his mind. I never went back on pill but he alwAys pulls out. I feel like I'm living in limbo at the moment wAiting for a 'happy accident'. In some ways I feel like maybe I should go back on it as maybe it live u as will help my obsessive thinking about it.

How confusing for you! I am sure if you are pregnant he won't feel negatively about it since that's what he said. I guess men just don't feel as all or nothing and decisive about these things as we do.

And flip flop I feel your pain! I had three long year of DH pulling out (mostly) and all the while telling me he would be genuinely happy with an accidental pregnancy but didn't want to actually try. It was like I was ttc and hoping for just one pre cum swimmer to get through or one pump too many (lol!) and it never happened. I was charting the whole time and we had nine cycle that whole three years where he didn't pull out for various reasons and nothing. He has FINALLY conceded, but it's all on me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->