Oh heck - the old baby clothes!

D

dizz

Started trying to sort out for this baby - and of course starting from the oldest clothes - they're prem sized.

Industrial sized box of kleenex required now methinks! Must get a photo of her tomorrow next to one of her premature sized vests!

It feels weird looking at those teeny things right? Even after the experience of having a prem when you look back at the clothes you still think 'how the hell did they ever fit ino those' ............let's hope you don't need the smallest of clothes this time tho xx

I went through a lot when I got keepsake teddies made out of the girls old outfits - it was hard going!!

Yeah - there's at least a couple of outfits I'm going to hang onto - the first thing she wore when we finally got to put her in clothes (and promptly peed on - thanks child!) and the tiniest of tiny dresses she wore when she came home... rest of the stuff I'm praying I don't need to use this time round but not sure what I'll do with it if I don't need it - for reasons people who know the story know I don't want to donate it to the NICU after how the hospital behaved (I know most people just feel massive gratitude towards their unit but ours did act in such a way that they ruined my mental health with their behaviour), but I don't want to just put it on freecycle (ours is very very grabby) and it's going to be too small to be of use to charity shops.

Oh well - it's going to get washed and sorted just in case anyway!

To be honest though the donations would help the parents more than the neonatal unit Hun. Maybe something to think about.

Maybe go through BLISS to donate maybe they can pass them onto another hospital I know they offer prem knitting patterns for hospital donations. Xx

OR...........keep the vests, babygros and wee dresses for your daughter to play with her dolls and tell her she used to wear those, then she can pass them on to her daughter etc xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->