Oh help :(

pinklightbulb

Single Mummy
Reaction score
FOB and me just DTD and I will be ov'ing anywhere between the 19th and 21st but possibly earlier as don't know my luteal phase and cycles have been screwed up since Liam. LMP was 4th Nov and AF due between 4th and 5th Dec. Please tell me this is not happening and I am not in a TWW. How long do sperm live, quick :( I have this awful feeling it is between 3-5 days, am I right?

Hey, i think it's 3-5 days but then also thought if cm isn't fertile it kills sperm off quicker. My af due 4th and im way off tww yet

Yes they do live up to 5 days for the stronger sperm. However i really do suggest using opks to help you figure out when you ovulate as it will help you know when to bd. I suggest getting the cheapie line ones as you will want to do it for most of your cycle. They say the best time is about 2pm. There's no need to live in limbo :)

Also if your cycles are way off, did you go on the pill for a while to help regulate them? Pregnancy does tend to throw everything off since everything is stopped for 9 months.

i used an opk and i ended up pregnant immediately although my cycles were clockwork every month. i only bd'd one time and it worked as i bd'd 15 hours after my supposed ovulation. i didnt even think it would work because i thought i was late in doing it. nope, right on time. so opks will really benefit you and they were meant for those who can't depend on a regular cycle to go off of. if sperm is strong, it can live up to 5 days but honestly i believe its the quantity that makes up better half of that factor. because the fewer millions of sperm, the less likely there will be any left to grab that egg as they die from all sorts of hooblah like vaginal acidity and fighting eachother while they wait for that egg.

Bought a pack of OPKs *sob* So terrified, thought I was done with kids and not stupid enough for an oops :( I have no idea when my next AF will show as my last one was first natural period off the pill. Usually it regulates back to 29-30 days on second natural cycle off pill, so if so, I know I could be up shit creek without a paddle here! To the PP that said about volume of baby gravy, well, er, it's been a few months since he got any as I haven't gone near him till this morning. To the PP that asked about the pill, I was on it earlier in the year and came off it two months ago. Didn't have a period as took it continuously from July-August, and then first natural cycle showed up Sept. 3rd. As I said last AF was either 4th or 5th of this month as can't remember exact day it showed.

So. Scared. I have a history of one-hit wonder pregnancies. Eamon was first natural cycle off the pill, Liam was a completely natural cycle and only TTC that month and bam.

:cry: I'm 29 next year, I didn't think I would be so silly as to BD with no protection considering my history of getting knocked up fast!

As people above have mentioned, strong sperm live up to 5 days *if* they get inside. If your CM was not fertile, they may not have.

If you think he hasn't been getting it anywhere else, his swimmers may not have been the best. According to my university textbook for "Human Sexual Behaviour" (current Canadian edition), abstinence of over 5 days has the same effect on sperm as multiple ejaculations in a single day.

Well I know he jacks off, lol, but no he defo hasn't been getting any from anyone other than himself.

Just took this OPK. Hoping it isn't leading up to surge in next couple of days. Oh help :( Been a while since used OPKs. Don't know if it means anything. Know it isn't positive but it's still not exactly light especially in person.

GetAttachment.jpg
2 min after taking

GetAttachment (2).jpg
5 min after taking

:/

Dried

FullSizeRender.jpg

Feel slightly sick looking at this. Oh what have I done. Please don't turn positive in the next couple of days or I am screwed. Literally. Damn my unpredictable weird cycles.

Looks like it is leading up to a surge, but as for how long till the surge will depend on your body. If you are truely not ready for another child yet, might I suggest getting an iui put in? That way you dont have to worry about needing to make sure he has one on. And then when you are feeling the time is right, you can get it removed.

I didn't/don't want a third at all as it will cause nothing but shit with me and FOB. Also terrified as have had two c-sections and really don't want a third. Oh God help me. Miss having a newborn but sooooooooo wasn't planning another. I hope any little babies out there getting ideas about coming to me change their minds lol.

Feel so stupid. Why did I go off the pill, why. Oh, that's right, his ex stole my last pack two months ago to use for herself while I was staying with her. That's why :( Haven't got to a GP yet to get a new script and regretting it now lol.

Hey it happens, dont get after yourself for it. If you are really worried you could always go get the morning after pill. We all make bad mistakes at some point.

If I could get to the shops today I would but there is no Sunday trading where I am. Bricking it. GPs aren't open Sundays either. :/

Uh oh. Here is what I got this morning.

FullSizeRender (2).jpg

:wacko:

To compare:

Yesterday and today:

FullSizeRender.jpgFullSizeRender (2).jpg

Would this be classed as positive result?

Looks positive to me Hun, I'm sorry to say.

But- just because it's positive doesn't mean it will work. Plenty of people trying to make a baby have had the greatest timing in the world and nothing.

Try not to worry, I know that's impossible. One way or another it will all be okay. Hugs!

Scared as. At FOBs tonight and don't want to say shit to him lol but wondering if I should let him know I screwed up my O days beyond recognition. Hmmm what to do :/

Well it takes 2 people to have unprotected sex, he can't solely rely on you to make sure protection is in place

I would definitely NOT say anything to him until you know for sure one way or the other. Why cause a fight when there may be nothing to fight over?

How many DPO are you now?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->