OH knows everything

rockabillymom

Punk Rock Mama of 2
Reaction score
Does anyones elses OH think they know everything? I swear my husband has decided he is the leading expert in pregnancy. First of all, we had talked about it just being him and I in the delivery room and I agreed in the beginning but the closer it comes to it I know i may need my mom in there as well but I told him it was just a precaution and a warning to him. he was pretty upset about that. He likes to make me feel like the worlds worse mother. I forget to take my prenatals and he acts like I just hit myself in the stomach... He keeps telling me our baby is going to sleep in the bassinet till she is 6 monthes old when I think she will be ok to sleep in the crib sooner.

he is just becoming a Pain in my ass. Like no decisions I make are right and he knows everything about having a baby... He even went as far as to TELL me I should just get the epidural... Last I check i was having this baby... not him.

My vote? Smack him and then sit him down and have a long, calm talk about this.

Okay, the smack might be non-helpful, but it'd help you feel better. :)

lmao... I totally wish. My DH is a hard man to talk too. He keeps telling me that his horomones are all wack just like mine... He has been the biggest pain. I really hope he gets better once she is here.. I actually know how to take care of a child (change, burp, feed etc) he on the other hand turned bright red when I told him that sometimes you have to take there tempature anally lmao! His response was there is no way I am sticking anything in my daughters butt ill bring her to your work if I have too!

Hahaha that's funny. You could offer to take his temp anally so he knows how nonpainful it is. >.<

I'm an evil person... :-/ lol

My OH is similar at the moment - it is frustrating! The most annoying thing is that I'm the one who has been reading all the baby and pregnancy books, where as he still has read NOTHING! And I'm now 37 weeks - really not long to go!
And he thinks he's the expert and coming out with comments about how I should do things, handle labour etc!
MEN!
I think just know that it is your body and you are the one having to push the baby out - not him. And remind him of that. And just ask him to be supportive about it.
I think my OH is slowly getting the idea - but I just hope he does some reading soon, and not while I'm in labour! lol :)

My OH is similar at the moment - it is frustrating! The most annoying thing is that I'm the one who has been reading all the baby and pregnancy books, where as he still has read NOTHING! And I'm now 37 weeks - really not long to go!
And he thinks he's the expert and coming out with comments about how I should do things, handle labour etc!
MEN!
I think just know that it is your body and you are the one having to push the baby out - not him. And remind him of that. And just ask him to be supportive about it.
I think my OH is slowly getting the idea - but I just hope he does some reading soon, and not while I'm in labour! lol :)

Ooooorr.....tell your OH that when he can squeeze a lemon out of his penis, then he can offer you labor/childbirthing advice. That's what I did. Shut my OH up right fast. >.>

Again, I am evil.... :(

Lol OH has done plenty of reading so I guess that bit is good. I just hope he sees soon that im having this damn baby and not him (he keeps saying WE are having the baby) Im pretty sure im the one pushing a watermelon through a golf ball size hole and not him! Somedays he is ok others he gets kick out of telling me what I should and shouldnt do!

lol you should tell him that little baby girls often have periods mini ones but periods all the same, my dd1 did and that was a shock only to be told it was normal xx

Having a baby is life-changing thing for girls, yeh, but it is for boys too. I mean, they get crazy too, telling you what to do is probably just their way of coping - trying to take control of things even if they have no idea. Just tell him not to worry and everything will be fine :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->