Oh man

Samantha675

Maybe baby #3?!?
Reaction score
I have just commited to traveling to the UK next month for 3 weeks with my DH and the baby. For starters, I HATE to fly, and now I have to take my LO on a plane, and since I am BFing, this means I have to fly without valium. :hissy:

So any advice on traveling with a baby?

havent got ne but want to wish u luck xx

know its not the same long journey but i have been to mid wales and london with rhiannon for her to meet family, the first journey (mid-wales) was a disaster, i was so uptight about it that she picked up on it and played up, winging, fussy etc.. and the more she did it the more uptight i got, hence vicious circle...
the second journey (to london) was better, i said to myself, go with the flow, when she fussed i just smiled and tried to get her to laugh and it worked (well the journey was better than the first..)
guess im trying to say go with the flow, OH will be there lean on him when you feel its geting to much eg maybe in the airport lounge ask OH to wheel him about while you grab a coffee or cold drink?
dont be surprised though, as young as brennan is he might not fall asleep when he is due a nap as everything will be so new he might stay up and nosey XXX

I think I heard you say he sleeps through the night? if thats the case, get a late night flight and it should be fine. he wont wake to much and even if he does, hes young, so will probably fall asleep not too long after he wakes xx

I don't travel long distance but we travel every couple of weeks half way across the country.
My suggestions:
1. Travel by night - it disrupts babies routine less and they sleep through most of it. Also they don't be as tired as travelling in the day time.

2. If Brennan sleeps in a cot, try and get him used to a travel cot and carry the same one with you (if possible) as they don't like changes to sleeping arrangements. If you are co-sleeping then it shouldn't be a problem.

3. I found that my milk supply dropped every time I travelled due to exhaustion, so try and build it up by pumping a few days before you travel (both times if possible)

4. Car seat? If travelling by taxi etc.. so not sure if you can arrange this somehow? Else it might have to be by tube even to the hotel.

Hope some of that helps.
Mx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"