Oh my god have I harmed my baby!? What do I do!?

Keza

Reaction score
So I've got a verruca on my foot. Went down and put some wartner on it. Sat for 10 minutes then realised I didn't check if that was safe whilst pregnant. Just found out its not! I'm freaking out! Apparently causes organ problems! I can't get the dammed stuff off my foot and guessing it's now already in my system. God what have I done! :'-(

Try not o panic I know it's easier said that done. But I'm sure after one application it will be fine. Hope all is ok x

Yes I agree. That stuff is just for your wart right not your actual skin so it's very unlikely to be in your system. Last pregnancy I panicked because I had real tuna cravings then read somewhere that the mercury can cause birth defects. My midwife said it's highly unlikey that that will have harmed the baby because they are sooooo protected inside.

You would have had to have inhaled a lot of the Wartner gas for it to have any effect on bubs! as always the warning is there to protect the pharmaceutical company from being sued :)
BTW - these are the exact same propellants which are used in hairspray cans yet pregnant ladies aren't warned not to use hairspray or to avoid the hairdresser!
Given the teeny weeny amount you would have used you will not have any problems at all - next time use the wartner pen instead!!!

They're not in the habit of testing products or medicine on pregnant women, so a massive number of products say not suitable for use in pregnancy as they've never done clinical trials. That doesn't mean it's known to be harmful, just that they've not done a trial to determine it's definitely safe. Don't drive yourself mad during your pregnancy, the list of things that could harm your baby is immense, the list of what actually is likely to harm your baby is very short.

You would have had to have inhaled a lot of the Wartner gas for it to have any effect on bubs! as always the warning is there to protect the pharmaceutical company from being sued :)
BTW - these are the exact same propellants which are used in hairspray cans yet pregnant ladies aren't warned not to use hairspray or to avoid the hairdresser!
Given the teeny weeny amount you would have used you will not have any problems at all - next time use the wartner pen instead!!!

I did use the wartner pen. Is that safe?

There are so many legal issues with doing trials on a pregnant woman which are why many things says "unsafe for use while pregnant". It keeps the companies from being sued. As long as you're not snorting the pen I wouldn't imagine it would cause issues. The tiny amount you used I doubt could really get in your system and hurt the baby.

I would just try to be careful now with it and maybe ask your doctor about it for future use :)

I did use the wartner pen. Is that safe?

yes! The pen is completely safe for use during pregnancy and breastfeeding - it's in the FAQ leaflet for the pen :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->