oh no i dropped my i phone

lau86

Reaction score
in a cup of coffee.... doh! the screen is now not working, i can hear the phone receiving messages etc but the screen is black. any tips on how to get it to work again?!

My ds1 dropped my old iPhone in a cup of tea,this is what I did

Turned it off,used a hair dryer on it on a cool setting for 10 mins then I put it in a sock and filled the sock with rice. After a day it did work again thankfully.

Don't try switching it on a lot though as it can cause more damage if it's still wet inside

You can always take it to a phone shop (one of the ones that unlocks them) once it is dried out and they will open it and dry the inside a bit better and replace anything that has blown if you have turned it on. Stick it in a bowl of rice for 48 hours x

Try and dry it out, put it in the airing cupboard if you have one, or a bowl of dry rice works too.

Worst place I've dropped my phone... in the toilet. And I've done that twice. :dohh:

Silica gel! You can buy silica gel cat litter, I had to stock up when Lucas went though a phase of 'cleaning' my phone for me, under the tap :dohh:
Just stick your phone in it for a few hours and it'll work fine :thumbup:

Take out the battery and leave it open in rice for a couple of days. Hopefully the screen will work once it's dried out.

I was lucky I dropped my I phone down the toilet and it survived (the unlucky part was the fact my toddler had just done a poo and it landed down the toilet with it, devastated!) x

Apparently putting it in rice works! Never tried it but heard a few ppl say it works xx

Edit: oops just notice someone else said this lol

i could give it a try i guess! never thought rice would work!

Put it somewhere hot but dry, top of a radiator, airing cuboard etc.

My sis dropped her fone in water and put it in rice and it worked, thing with iPhones though is you can't open them up

My sis dropped her fone in water and put it in rice and it worked, thing with iPhones though is you can't open them up

That's a good point. You can't take the battery out either. If it's off I guess just don't try to turn it on. (I didn't think about the nonreplacable battery as I've always had Droids that you can.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->