Oh says i should go back on the pill :(

angie79

Mummy of 2
Reaction score
Having a chat with the oh this morning and we were saying that since i got pg in december we have had no sex at all - i know we have been under alot of stress but what i think is not helping is the condom thing - my oh has a low sex drive and when the mood takes it just happens - no time to faff around with them.

Anyway oh says i should go on the pill as then we would not have to worry.
I do agree but i'm now worried that it will take ages for my cycle to get back to normal when i come off them - i know i will be put on the mini pill again which is not so bad to get back to normal but what with ttc happening in less than a year is it wise.
I guess i dont have much choice if i want things back to normal but now its just a extra thing to bother me when we do get to ttc

xx

:hugs: i dont really know what to say hun. the choice is totally yours. I considered going back on the pill a few months ago but i decided not to as i am ttc in may and like u i didnt want to mess my body up! I see your ttc in 9 months - maybe you could go back on it for 6 months and then 3 months before ttc come off it again. I know what you mean about condoms though - we are supposed to be using them but most of the time we use withdrawal (silly i know!) Sorry im not much help xx

why not go back on it for 6 months or so. Im sure its not more than 6 months for cycles to return. Plus it will get you and oh back to regular sex which may help that. ust a thought.

I'd stay off of them. I know a woman who took over a year to get back on track. She got pregnant right away once she was O-ing but still!

I'm coming off my pill a little after my wedding so I've got plenty of time to get back into normal, regular cycles. (Wedding in April 2011, TTC Jan 2013) I want a solid 1.5 years to get it straight. The only thing that worries me is the pain coming back (the reason I'm on this crap to begin with. I HATE the pill!)

Hi there

I'm sorry you're having this problem. I would be feeling the same as you and would not want to go back on any type of pill due to messing cycles up.

Are condoms really that bad? So many people seem to have so many problems with them, but DH and I have used them since we met with no problems at all. You get very quick at opening them and putting them on (literally a few seconds) - it's all about practice. Plus they have very, very thin ones these days to give the guy more feeling.

I hope you can sort something.

Good luck x

thanks everyone :flower:

Condoms are just difficult for us - its a long story - i just thought it may be easier as someone said to go back on the pill until say july/august to make life easier - if i remember right when i came off before after i had been on them 2 years it took 6 months to get back to normal - i guess if that happens again its only going to postpone things for a few months.
I just feel like i'm taking a step back if you know what i mean - he promised after the mc that doing the condom thing would not effect anything but it has and when i spoke to him he said go back on until july and then we will take it from there

xx

im illergic to condoms so they arent a option for us.
i was on a mini pill and i hated it so was put on a combined pill n im very happy with it. before i got pregnant with zane it too 6 months for my periods to get back to normal and thats the month i got pregnant.

if u really dont want to go on the pill then thats up to u, its ur body not his to say what u shud and shudnt do x

im illergic to condoms so they arent a option for us.
i was on a mini pill and i hated it so was put on a combined pill n im very happy with it. before i got pregnant with zane it too 6 months for my periods to get back to normal and thats the month i got pregnant.

if u really dont want to go on the pill then thats up to u, its ur body not his to say what u shud and shudnt do x

Thanks - yes you are right at the end of the day its my decision

xx

I really liked being on the pill before ttc, but once I came off it it did take us 6 months to get pregnant, though obviously I don't know if thats down to the pill or just the luck of the draw. I tried the mini pill for a week after I had Isla but didn't get on with it at all so we're just using condoms atm.

Like moomin said, it's your decision if you don't want to go back on, but if you still want to have sex and condoms are a big no-no then I guess its either hormonal contraception, pulling-out or getting 'alternative' with your love making :rofl:

EDIT: or you could get a cap? With a bit of practice you could get preety slick at getting it in.

Awww hun :hugs:

Remember its your decision, my OH hates condoms too (they make him go soft) but I've told him he either has to cope or no love for him as I refuse to go back on the pill. Simple story for this is I came off Last July and have still not had a period. I don't have PCOS (I've been tested) I think I have just switched off, I was on the pill for 6 years.
Saying that, don't let the horror stories get to you, hundreds of women come off the pill and start back on their cycles as normal straight away (this happened with my mum but not me.) Just do what is right for you, in my case I just had to put my foot down, I hate condoms too but I just remind myself and him that its only until September, then we are rubber glove freee!! :rofl:

Maybe try different methods, caps, spermicide, implant, shots, coil? There are so many, you could bring this up with your GP and see what they recommend.

I really liked being on the pill before ttc, but once I came off it it did take us 6 months to get pregnant, though obviously I don't know if thats down to the pill or just the luck of the draw. I tried the mini pill for a week after I had Isla but didn't get on with it at all so we're just using condoms atm.

Like moomin said, it's your decision if you don't want to go back on, but if you still want to have sex and condoms are a big no-no then I guess its either hormonal contraception, pulling-out or getting 'alternative' with your love making :rofl:

EDIT: or you could get a cap? With a bit of practice you could get preety slick at getting it in.

Ha ha - thanks

xx

I went recently to the family planning clinic, as we're supposed to wait until early 2011 (personal reasons of OH). Injections seem to be right out, as it's "normal" to take up to a year to regain your fertility. Coil from what I read is also better for long term - I certainly wouldn't do it as I'm now paranoid of anything artificial going through my cervix. I think once my periods are sorted out (just started again after a miscarriage in early december) I will go either on the pill or the ring, as I never had trouble with them before. I will stop 3 months before TTC, more or less.
But if you had problems with hormonal contraception, the cap and so on may be an option for you. Perhaps you could make an appointment and talk it over with them?

I don't see what men find so difficult about condoms, either... :/

Dunno. I hate the feeling of them though. Too much friction and I HATE that gross lube feeling.

Worth it to come off my pill early though ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->