Oh wants to bring date forward

Pinkgirl

Reaction score
Hey Ladies, wanted some advise please

Me and my OH had a lovely Romantic meal last nite and a night cosying up infront of the T.V.
Then we got onto babies some how, he talked about how he wanted to be a Dad so much and wanted to do all he can for his child. He knows i come on BnB and was telling him that TTC can take a long time in some cases. I told him that because i was on the Pill if i was to come off it it will take a while for my periods to get sorted- I dont think he realised how long it might take. When he worked out how long it might be till we have our baby he was surprised and turned around and his words were
'I dont think i can wait that long baby, I'd Like to try sooner'!!!

I was like WHATTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!

We have been saving for over a year for a house and hope to move this summer, he said he would like like to TTC at Christmas. And get married when our baby was about 1 so they could be part of our day, and old enough to stay with gparents so we could have a honeymoon.

I dont know what to say, as ideally this would be my dream and all i ever wanted. The only tiny little thing is the 'getting married' before we have children. I would prefer to have the same surname as my child (His name) and the fact people say your wedding day is your special day for just the two of us. I know even with Family support we couldnt get married before TTC as we have big families and would cost a fair bit.

Any ladies have any advise to offer
Sar

P.S. Happy New Year xx

I don't know what to tell you, sorry. But next year is a long time away, and things might change again in that period of time anyway. If you want to get married before baby, and have a strong feeling, just tell your OH how you feel, I am sure he would understand. :hug:

Get married now!!! LOL problem solved :D I'm useful today :p

Get married now!!! LOL problem solved :D I'm useful today :p

LOL well originally we were thinking about this summer, you see although we have been together 3 years we were very close friends for 2 years before that so have been close to him for a long time. but we thought getting settled in a house was more important. We both have good jobs so save hard at the moment.

Its ashame everything comes down to money hehe o well
Hope you ladies had a lovely new year
xx

Elope! Then when you get back have an evening reception with your family :)

Elope! Then when you get back have an evening reception with your family :)

I like that idea!! hehe

Aww hun congrats on your beautiful little girl, what a beautiful name too!
xx

I like that idea!! hehe

Aww hun congrats on your beautiful little girl, what a beautiful name too!
xx

Thanks hun :)

I did the big white wedding, and I think eloping is really romantic and if I had to do it again I'd elope over having a huge wedding.

Ooh, eloping.....awesome! There you go! Rafwife for the win! I also did the white wedding thing although not big, and I always said I would've loved either eloping or going to one of those all-inclusive resorts where you can get married then stay for your honeymoon and it is rolled in one package. Like the Sandals Resort, went there for our honeymoon and had a BLAST!!! Marriage, then house, then baby! Go to it! LOL

well, its entirely up to you how expensive you want to have your wedding. we have big families as well, but we kept it very simple, and for me it was the most romantic day ever. we said our vows in the registry office then all went to in laws house for a drink and a buffet and then all went for this lovely xmas meal as it was 22nd december very lose to xmas and then at night time we all went to our local club where we know everyone, it was so romantic and cosy and it was still big- and cost next to nothing. being a family is more important than anything else in the world... i say go for it xxx

You could have a baby now and get married on holiday somewhere nice later on - child will go free - but it depends how much money you have really - weddings are as expensive as you want it to be

I would go with the baby now

Thankyou so much with your replied ladies
Would love to have baby now but know it would be the summer we try to concieve. OH is at work at the mo but we are going to have a night in tonight where i can talk to him more.

I really like the idea of getting married abroad where your honeymoon is there too. It would just be the close family there then which would be lovely and maybe a party when we got back. hehe

Can i just say you ladies are so lovely to talk to

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"