OH's comment....

amylk87

WTT for No.1
Reaction score
Something came on the TV that mentioned the name Grace, and i said, i like that for a girls name, dont you? And he said it sounded too old (?) and then i said what girls names do you like, and we were throwing some names around (dont need to mention any boys names because we already have that set in stone lol) and then he said "well it doesnt matter, we're having a boy first"

I kindly reminded him that theres a 50% chance we'd have a girl first and told him not to resent the baby if it was a girl. He said he wouldn't but i know he really wants a boy and it worries me a little bit that he will be disappointed if it is a girl... Stupid OH :dohh:

I think if he wants a baby, as you go through the pregnancy he'll come to be entranced by the baby and not care, and certainly when he sees it he won't care. Who could get disappointed with an ickle wickle bitty babykins?

(Whoops, I broke my cute-o-meter. Point stands :rofl:)

I'd be kinda worried if I had a girl as well tbh!! My OH has 5 sisters and I know he'd want a boy & he said he'd be kinda disappointed if he had a girl cos he'd really want a boy first. But he adores his youngest sister to pieces so I bet if he did have a girl he would love her more than the world itself! And I'm sure your OH would be the same too :) xx

my oh also thinks we would have a boy because he has 5 brothers but we have only had 1 boy in 42 years in my family
but he thinks he has super boy :spermy: and WE WILL have a boy

i'm happy either way tbh but also hope he doesnt get too disapointed if we dont

Hah, my OH is convinced when we have one we'll have twins because his little wrigglies are superpowered or something.

awh, my boyfriend wants a girl more than anything, he always has. His face lights up when he talks about getting her ready for school and buying her dresses.

I want a girl too, so bad! I just get a feeling my first will be a boy. either way I'll be soooo incredibly happy. :)

when i mentioned a girl one night he said with a girl you have to worry about them all the time - he then put a voice on and said your not going out wearing that
he said with a boy you just let them do what they want

bloody men

my oh also thinks we would have a boy because he has 5 brothers but we have only had 1 boy in 42 years in my family
but he thinks he has super boy :spermy: and WE WILL have a boy

i'm happy either way tbh but also hope he doesnt get too disapointed if we dont

My OH thinks his :spermy: wear capes and are superhero like and therefore we will get what we want when we want!

We both think we'll have a girl first, but will be happy either way.

Girls can always be daddy's girls, that's what I said to OH when he said he wanted a boy more. Now I think he wants a girl more XD

My DH is also wanting a boy first but in my family, the girls are ALWAYS oldest. I think he will be happy regardless and we will both be enchanted with our LO when it happens regardless of gender but in our fantasy worlds he wants a boy first and I want a girl so only one of us will really get what we want.

(and by Sod's Law I have just doomed myself to fail by stating that girls are always first in our family as a fact) :dohh:

My OH wanted a boy, I wanted a girl, I got my way. However, I'd of been happy to have a healthy boy of course and I'm sure he felt the same way about Amelie being a girl :)

LOL!! This made me laugh! I think in DH's head he really wants a boy first because "he can look after his little sisters" but I think he thinks it'll just happen that way! He's also a super-sperm believer that we have a HIGH chance of twins or more (no history in either family! LOL!)

x

uh oh. what does OH stand for?
i want a girl. DH wants a boy. lol. but we're happy either way =]

My OH wants a boy but I want a girl, the girls name is set in stone but a boys name we are having great trouble agreeing on.. :dohh:

I try to remind him that its his sperm that chooses the sex, my little egg is happy being a girlie lol

I'm sure when your OH sees his child for the first time happy and healthy he will not be at all resentful whether its one or the other!

uh oh. what does OH stand for?
i want a girl. DH wants a boy. lol. but we're happy either way =]

Other half :) (I use it because I am not married to my partner but we have been together for a long time)

ok! i'm used to just saying DH for dear husband. or whatever the D stands for. lol. i like OH better though =]

Mine has never expressed an opinion of one over another. He talks about how much fun they each would be. He does, however, think we will have twins.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->