Oi! Hands Off!!!!!!

That T-shirt is priceless, I love it!

Nobody - NOBODY - touches my bump uninvited. If they do, I touch them back. It's amazing how upset a non-pregnant woman gets when you rub her belly... why do they think that because we're pregnant we'll feel any different? A stranger touching you is a stranger touching you, period.

My SIL, who isn't fat but is a tiny bit on the chubby side, was shopping recently and a woman ran up and rubbed her belly. Imagine the embarrassment felt on both sides when she asked 'when are you due?' and the answer wasn't a date, but rather 'uh... I'm not pregnant, would you mind taking your hands off my belly?'

OMG, your poor SIL!! How embarassing!

Would your FIL try touching your belly? Even my own dad hasn't even tried, not that i'd mind if he did anyways. But i'd hate my MIL trying to touch me. She's nice but I still don't like her, lol.

He's grabbed by BUM before!! I don't think he'd have any reservations about by bump. Dirty old man :gun:

I do sometimes feel mean being like this with my in-laws since it is their first grandchild, but then I remember their reaction the first time I got pregnant and don't feel like a complete bitch

Eww... What an ass! Thats going way over the boundaries!

im starting to show and my mum seem's to think the bumps her property as she keeps demanding that i show her friends. im a little woried about how involved shes going to make herself plus she invited herself to the birth. im 18

im starting to show and my mum seem's to think the bumps her property as she keeps demanding that i show her friends. im a little woried about how involved shes going to make herself plus she invited herself to the birth. im 18

If you don't want her touching and showcasing your bump to everyone you should tell her. Then again, she may just be so proud that she wants everyone to know! As for the birth, same applies.

I expected the stranger invasion thing- no one has touched it! In fact, maybe three strangers have even asked the 'when is it due/boy or girl/is this your first' questions. I must have a face like a bulldog chewing a wasp when I go out!:gun:

Get this! When I was pregy with my first born...I had people coming up to me all the time and rubbing my belly, strange random old ladies (which i didnt mind too much...didnt have the heart to be nasty! Might give them a coronary! :blush::lol: )...but then when I was overdue...I had a guy come up to me (I was chattin to his wife in Spotlight) and put his can of coke on my tummy and said "look a can holder...btw are you having twins? When are you due? We had 3 kids..." Like that gave him the right! :roll: Well needless to say I almost decked him him right then and there! The look I gave him must have said it all coz he hurriedly took his can of coke off my tummy, mummbled an apology and scuttled back to the car where he was waiting for his wife...his wife just cracked up laughing and said "Im really sorry..." I kind of had a laugh about it too once he had gone....but I tell you when your pregnant people think that your ballooning tummy is theirs to touch feel or even put things on! :roll::hissy:
As yet I havent been out and about too much by myself as I havent had the car...DH takes it for work! But Im just waiting for the day it happens again!!!!! :roll::lol:

That T-shirt is priceless, I love it!

Nobody - NOBODY - touches my bump uninvited. If they do, I touch them back. It's amazing how upset a non-pregnant woman gets when you rub her belly... why do they think that because we're pregnant we'll feel any different? A stranger touching you is a stranger touching you, period.

My SIL, who isn't fat but is a tiny bit on the chubby side, was shopping recently and a woman ran up and rubbed her belly. Imagine the embarrassment felt on both sides when she asked 'when are you due?' and the answer wasn't a date, but rather 'uh... I'm not pregnant, would you mind taking your hands off my belly?'

OMG! How embarrassing!!!!

No-one has really tried to touch my bump as yet. My MIL sat by me at the weekend and and said "is he moving?" I said "no" and then she still put her hand on my bump for a feel like my saying so wasn't enough proof!!!! I felt like going "oi" at her cos I'd already said he wasn't moving so why do it????

I swear I want to smack people when they do this. My sister told me about a line of maternity shirts that let people know not to touch your stomach. I ove the one that says "Please celebrate the miracle of life from afar" I'm going to get a couple so I can get through this pregnancy without being touched all the time. I hate going to the store and stuff because it seems like people come out of the woodwork to touch me. Ick!

:rofl: you are so funny! But I do know what you mean! :winkwink: Ive seen the web site where you can get tshirts like that! But I didnt take much notice coz they only deliver in UK! :sad2:

I know how you feel! I don't have much of a belly and already it's starting. It drives me nuts!!! I want to break fingers some times. Except I can't stand even my family touching it. I mean OH and Damien (my son) sure but that's all. I mean at least ask first and see if it's ok and IF I say no then don't touch!

I havent had any strangers coming up to me or trying to touch my belly-but recently have been getting some right dirty looks! what are some people's problem?

I have enough with my mom trying to grab me all the time, shes another one who asks if baby is moving-when i say no she still gets a feel. I dont mind sometimes, but there are days when i just want to be left alone/not touched.

On a positive note-my little nephew (who's 9) is very sweet, he asks first if he can hug me and say hello to his cousin! He's at the right height to kind of hug me and talk to my bump at same time. Think my older niece (10) is a tad embarassed to ask me for a touch though.

keely.

The website I was referring to does deliver in the U.S. I put my order in yesterday and should have them by next week. It looks like it is a US based company. Good thing too. Like I said, can't wait to get them so I won't have people touching me. My husband is going to be so relieved that he won't have to restrain me anymore. LOL!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->