Ok, getting scared..... 24 hours until induction!

Firestar

Pregnant with first :)
Reaction score
Our last day as a couple - can't believe baby will be here within the next 72 hours......

Planning on making the most of today, my parents and the future in-laws are coming round for a bit, other than that, might just cuddle up together and watch a film, go for a walk (weather is good here thankfully)............

Not sure if it's worse or better to know when baby will arrive, still scared of induction and labour now it's fast approaching, but excited to meet my son.

Anyone had induction by pessary? Only got told this was necessary on weds, so been running around like a headless chicken getting things organised and havent had time to do any extra reading further from what we were told at the NCT classes.

Yep I had the pessary. Basically went in in the morning. They did usual checks like blood pressure, feeling my tummy and urine dip. Then the mw put the pessary in behind my cervix. Was a bit uncomfortable but alright. Once it was in I couldn't feel it. I had to stay on the bed on ctg monitoring for a hour. Then we went off for a walk. Mw said for me to be back by lunch so I could eat. I went back early as had tummy ache. I had a bath which helped. They checked me 6 hours later and cervix was 2 cm and it would be possible to break waters.

I had a perfect induction with a pessary, I went from 2/3 cm to her crowning in 1hr 20mins.. Super easy labour, that's why I'm doing it again so soon! Hopefully it'll be speedy again, oh and I'll be induced again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->