Ok help!!

slowpoke22

Reaction score
We chose to FF our daughter, but it's day 10 and im soaking through pads, bras and tops because my milk is so much! I epected it to dry up by now... and she can smell the milk and roots for it

So I'm kind of tempted to put her to the boob and see what happens. Do you think its too late??

It is never too late! If you are curious or want to resume breastfeeding then latch her on. But, only breastfeed without supplement if that is what you want to start doing for now so it doesn't affect your supply.

I'd be tempted to latch her on and see how it goes. If it doesn't work out then you've not lost anything. Maybe see how you both take to it at first and go from there? :thumbup:

She latched on and had a few deep sucks but because it wasnt as quick as the bottle she had a panic lol

any way to resolve that?x

We started bottle feeding with expressed breast milk due to latching issues. I would try to get him to latch and he would get really frustrated due to slow flow and him having to work so hard! What worked for us was to bottle feed a little and take the edge off the hunger then try latching. Also I had a forceful let down on one side so I would express some first and if it still bothered him I unlatched and then started again.
It was a two person task :) and needed a lot of patience/perseverance. We made it in less than two weeks!

She latched on and had a few deep sucks but because it wasnt as quick as the bottle she had a panic lol

any way to resolve that?x

I think that if you maybe used a supplemental nursing system with expressed breast milk or formula the flow would be faster and maybe make for a better transition to the breast. I'm not really sure but I think it could work, also maybe try when baby is not as hungry so not as frustrated. As for it being to late, I don't think it's ever too late with DD1 my supply tanked due to an infection and I switched to formula at 2 months. I couldn't take giving it up though and ended up getting my supply back up from nothing after starting relactating at 4 months.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->