OK hormones clearly kicking in.. Showers??

I

IrishTwins

I didn't have one with DS I did have a small one (like 10 people) with recent dd and will NOT have one with this pregnancy.

DH and I have bought everything ourselves - regardless I would NEVER in a million years expect a $600 stroller or $200 air thingys.. A family member is expecting and not paying for ANYTHING... Am I jealous? Ummm, YES!!! I am mostly pissed off that people go ahead and have children who have absolutely no money management skills whatsoever, who can't get their Sh** together and then end up with all the fancy things that those of us who live within our means and save and struggle for don't enjoy..

We would all "like" the $600 stroller or the $2000 crib set - but for those who choose to live within our means and lets say actually pay for our own baby gear - it's not always reasonable..

Everyone else is just as guilty for enabling these 2 to continue living this way by over-giving.

What annoys me is I'm going to have to listen for the next 20 years to this baby turned toddler turned preschooler turned teenager - get everything he wants while DH and I save for university.. :)

Rant over..

We would all "like" the $600 stroller or the $2000 crib set - but for those who choose to live within our means and lets say actually pay for our own baby gear - it's not always reasonable..

I get your rant, but at the same time we don't all want the $600 stroller or the $2000 crib set. I would look at those people you've described (the moochers) and I would think they were being a bit superfluous and I wouldn't be jealous at all. I never used a crib with my first and was pretty minimal with stroller use (I put a $19 stroller on my registry and will not be getting a new one this time around). I don't think there's anything wrong with accepting willing help, but I do think it's wrong to expect others to completely provide for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->