Ok I need help with this!!

suzan

Reaction score
When my son is sleeping, I go and check him every now and then.

I have been told that some babies suffocate if they dont sleep on their side. If they are on their back, they might vomit, and suffocate with the same vomit.

I freak out about this!! While my son's new Ped told me that the best way for babies to sleep is on their back, and tummy, and then on their side on the last place!!

I am scared to see him sleeping on his back.. Can someone put my mind at ease about this? :dohh:

Caitlyn was soooo sicky and has been sick whilst on her back plenty of times. They know to turn their head. Honestly, it's a reflex.

If you want him to sleep on his side prop him up with a pillow or something x

Caitlyn was soooo sicky and has been sick whilst on her back plenty of times. They know to turn their head. Honestly, it's a reflex.

If you want him to sleep on his side prop him up with a pillow or something x

I do with a pillow!! What if its not a reflex at this early stage? it freaks me out

i was told if a baby is sick they will turn there head, they wont just lie there and choke the body wont actually let them

I can see why you are worried though hun

Lou
xxx

wot a scary thought,BUT my OH (hes got kids this is my 1st so uknow he will be taking over ! )
he said if they were sick on there back,they wud turn enough to dribble it out at this age...but if i was u n it was making u this worried i wud defo find a big enough pillow so he cudnt turn:hugs:

What the others said, even at that age they have the reflexes to turn their head if they are sick. It's now recommended that babies sleep on their back to help prevent cot death (SIDS)

I've always been told to put LO on her back. I've seen chloe be sick lying on her back laods of times, including in her sleep, and she always natrually turns her head.

The safest place for your LO to be is on their back. Caitlyn could turn her head to be sick as soon as she was born (she was puking up mucus the first 2 days) and she has been fine ever since.

The sick will run out, and they won't choke. I watched Brennan do it a lot when he was tiny.

no worries, the others are right and until your baby can roll over himself, the back is the safest.

when Alasdair was still in hospital he was really sick after his antibiotics (given to him at 1.30am every night while we were there - great timing!) I panicked a lot the first time it happened and the midwife said if it would make me feel better he could sleep on his side, and they put rolled up crib sheet so he didn't go onto his front. But after that, when he was under his light he had to be on his back and he turned his head every time. Apart from the one time he projectile vomited over the neonatal nurse. hehe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->