ok now im just more confused!!! anyone have any advice?

metoyou19

Reaction score
Ok.................. Well ill start at the beginning.
All excitement and happiness!!! 2 weeks ago i got a positive pregnancy result :bfp: and am absolutly thrilled and everything is going fine!!!. I went to the docs last week to confirm and got all my bits and bobs and they told me to call them 2 weeks before booking my 16 week scan. Well thats all good but i feel like ive been fobbed off because im sure that everyone gets a 12 week scan dont they?!! I didnt think about it at the time but i should have said something to my doc but i know that i have had a few probs with her b4 unfortunatly :growlmad:
Now this is the part that is really bothering me though!!
I have a high persentage of twins in both my mums and dads side of the family (including my dad).
Now it may just be me but some people can 'just know' when they are pregnant even before they take a test (which i did)
But is it possible to do the same thing with twins?!! I have this deep down feeling and have been soo sick, tired and emotional over the last few weeks even from when i very first concieved and it has been playing on my mind over and over.
I looked it up on the internet and it said that people that are carrying twins or more need earlier scans and alot more of them to make sure that everything is developing ok.
I just dont want to go to my doc and tell them that i think i could be carrying twins and have them telling me im being stupid and that im just paranoid because its my first pregnancy.
But if i am right then i need all the appropriate scans and info to make sure that everything is going to be alright.
Especially if my first scan as at 16 weeks and not 12!!!
What do you think that i should do? am i just being paranoid?

not all areas do a scan at 12 weeks so your area may be like that, but go and talk to your doctor if you have concerns -they should listen to you xx

we too have twins in the family and i was told you would no very quickly as you get bigger early on (bump) perhaps speak to your mw and echo your concerns with no 12 week scan!

hello and welcome too :hi:

Definitely voice your concerns, explain your situation and they might give you an earlier scan. oh and welcome :hi:

:hi: Welcome to Baby and Bump! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->