OK now Ive told work - more dilemmas

jkbmah

Preggers with #2
Reaction score
OK, I told my boss earlier this afternoon and it was fine , although a tad awkward.

For a while now I have suspected that her "other half" is female but she tends to keep pretty private. I know she has 2 kids and so I wasn't sure whether she would have experienced pregnancy or not. After my conversation, I am pretty sure she hasn't, it was all very 3rd person "well people can start to show earlier second time". No input of personal experiences.

None of this is an issue of course, but it felt very awkward as if she couldn't share her own experiences (even if it was her other half or her kids are adpoted). We are not close and I of course have no right to know any of her personal business but I did definitely sense that she was struggling to know what words to say so she didn't give away too much of her personal life. It feels really odd. There are literally no other mums (some dads) at my work, so I would like to share some converstations here and there.

Should I bother to push it or just let it be?

if she chooses not to discuss her personal life that is her right, I for one would let it be...

I think you might just have to accept you won't be having many baby/pregnancy convo's at work.

yeah i figured as much, I guess I want her to feel its OK and she shouldn't have to hide her homelife but I guess It is really none of my business and I should just leave her be.

To be honest work is work, it's nice if you have a close relationship but at the end of the day that's what your friends are for.

I hope you find people to share your wonderful news with.

Nope, don't push it. If she brings it up, ok...but I wouldn't press her for info or force her into a conversation.

You have all of us! You don't need her! :winkwink:

After "getting close" to a manager in a previous position and getting severely burned by her I will no longer share nearly as much of my personal life with coworkers. I don't really even want to become friends with them after what happened.

Your boss may have been close with others at one point and got burned because of it so my advice would unfortunately be to let it go. If and when she is ever ready to share with you her history then let it be in her own good time. Good luck and if nothing else, we are here for you! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->