OK, so I've got my birthing ball...

LOL thanks for reminding me ... must go get one this week!! I'll be bouncing with you!!

I know there was a great thread a little while back about tips for using them, get searching!!

Searching?! Boo....

So far I've been sitting on it. I think just the sitting opens up your pelvis or whatever, but not sure what else to do! It's quite comfy but I need to balance it against the settee so I don't roll around!

I absolutely love my birthing ball. I just used to sit and bouce on it. When I used it all the time LO was almost fully engaged (1/5th). Now it's deflated a bit and I can't inflate it and I think LO has moved out of engagement slightly (only 3/5ths now). I swear by it. Soooooo comfy. Get bouncing Peanut Bean!! xxx

Do they help with turning the baby too or just engaging the head? My LO is breech so trying everything i can to turn him/her at the mo. Got a birthing ball but wasn't sure if i had to wait til bubs was the right way before bouncing???

Do they help with turning the baby too or just engaging the head? My LO is breech so trying everything i can to turn him/her at the mo. Got a birthing ball but wasn't sure if i had to wait til bubs was the right way before bouncing???

It's supposed to help with turning, mine has been transverse for ages and the MW suggested trying it when I saw her last week.

I bounce and gyrate on mine!! Sometime I just sit on it - its great for your posture.

My MW said to get on it when you're having BH's to use them to push baby down to engage.

I have to pump mine up about once a week to keep it high and firm.

x

I'm glad there aren't some secret exercises I should be doing! lol

I've not really done anything with mine other than sit on it. I can never get comfy on chairs anymore and I seem to sink into my sofa so the ball is a godsend. Does wonders for my hip pain.

I've got one too and I just sit on it if my back hurts

you can lean on it as well and roll about that way - only thing that's difficult is being on the laptop on it lol

I find it hurts my back if I sit on it for a long time. Need something to lean back against really.

I tried sitting on mine and couldn't handle it, my pelvic area hurt too much... I thought my pelvis was going to split in half.

Although nothing is comfortable at this point.

Ohhh i wish i had one :(

Mine is a normal gym ball, a fiver from Argos. A friend at aquanatal recommended it to me. Much cheaper than from Mothercare.

Oh really? Do you think its to late for me to get one.. I could have another 3weeks left if baby doesnt arrive on time.

My midwife let me try one out when we went for my hospital tour and it was great.

Mine is a normal gym ball, a fiver from Argos. A friend at aquanatal recommended it to me. Much cheaper than from Mothercare.

Oh really? Do you think its to late for me to get one.. I could have another 3weeks left if baby doesnt arrive on time.

My midwife let me try one out when we went for my hospital tour and it was great.

I'd just get one. What's a fiver? You can always do exercises on it after the birth. Might be comfy to sit on if there are stitches maybe?

You can use a pilates ball for this right? I thought I saw someone say that somewhere

You can use a pilates ball for this right? I thought I saw someone say that somewhere

I think it must be the same. It's just a blow up ball that I guess is strong enough to take a person's weight.

I'd just get one. What's a fiver? You can always do exercises on it after the birth. Might be comfy to sit on if there are stitches maybe?

Yeah i think i might pop out tomorrow and get one! :)

the only thing I would say is be carefull with the fitness versions- the difference between a birthing ball and the fitness ball is the birthing ball is anti burst- so if you do pop it the air goes out slower and deflates rather than BANG!!!!
One of my students got a bit to carried away on the fitness ball, when we were doing core exercises, and burst the fit ball and it popped like a balloon and she fell straight back on her backside-

I have both and find the birthing ball completely different in strength- (helps when I am now the size of a house!)
D
x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->