ok so i've just washed my first load of dirty nappies

DueMarch2nd

mummy to a little lamb
Reaction score
and they are stained!! help!! what do i do? they are mothercare smart nappies... even the elastic is stained... ho do i get it white again? you can see it on the outside, they'll be useless if i cant whiten them

can i use a sachet of glo white?

put them out into the sun and that usual bleaches them or use a vanish bar hun.

Moonlight works too, or inside on the windowsill :) I use a vanish bar if we get stains but its rare washing at 60 with an extra rinse :flower:

sun, if any of my inserts are marked I leave em on the windowsill. DH didnt believe it would work till i put a stained coolababy ouside when we had a bbq & he saw the stains disappear!!

sun, if any of my inserts are marked I leave em on the windowsill. DH didnt believe it would work till i put a stained coolababy ouside when we had a bbq & he saw the stains disappear!!

My OH didn't believe it either - until he put a stained shirt out on the line one day and was marvelling at how the stain had disappeared when I went to fold it! He'd thought I'd messed with it somehow! :dohh:

I find the best thing is to try and avoid the stain in the first place by rinsing all the poop off as soon as the nappy comes off - even just a short time left can make the mark darker and harder to get back to white.

Chances are then the stain will be virtually nothing and the sun will easily get rid of the mark.

ETA - when I say rinse - actually I scrub it lol

i had this problem when i started. i switched detergents from supermarket make to brand name, rinse cycle before washing and then wash on 60. no more stains! the sun did get rid of the stains that were there.

I wash them, then if any come out stained, I use Ecover stain remover (it has a brush, so really works in deep!!) then usually they are fine. If required, I sun them xx

i've only ever had one tiny stain and i'm not convinced it was poo as it was under an itti flap on a nappy she hadn't poo'd in. i think audrey must have special non-staining poop, clever girl :)

and i used a vanish bar and stuck that nappy in the window (weather was atrocious at the time) and it disappeared - the stain i mean, not the nappy

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->