Okay... does anyone else worry about this?

littlemamana

Mommy to Colin
Reaction score
*TMI* I've been severely constipated and absolutely nothing has worked. I've tried colace (stool softener), a fiber supplement and drinking a TON of water. The only way I can get anything to come out is with a lot of straining and pushing. Has anyone else in this position worried about pushing the baby out like I do? I know it's a silly worry but I can't help but think it! :shrug: I just worry that my straining hurts my baby somehow.

have you tried prune juice? In 3rd tri I lived on the stuff, though you only need a glassful to get things going really. failing that, I'd contact your GP!

Oh no, poor you. I swear by dried apricots... But go steady with them!! ;)

have you tried prune juice? In 3rd tri I lived on the stuff, though you only need a glassful to get things going really. failing that, I'd contact your GP!

Yeah I've done the prune juice and it hasn't helped much. I actually just saw my midwife and she just suggested I do what I've already been doing. It's just been painful. I have really bad hemorrhoids from it too. I should probably see my GP about it. My midwife did tell me to try miralax if nothing else works so maybe I'll have to give that a try.

I feel the same way about straining lol I have yet to suffer with constipation this pregnancy. All I can tell you is what you already know, lots of water, lots of fiber, fresh fruits and veggies... I find tangerines work well if i have 6 or so. Good luck hun

lol, I haven't thought about that before but I can see why someone might. Thankfully straining won't hurt baby but it could definitely hurt you! Maybe you should talk to your doctor about getting a prescription for lactulose if you haven't already? Also, regular exercise can make a huge difference.

Oh no, poor you. I swear by dried apricots... But go steady with them!! ;)

I've been eating apricot jam on toast every morning.. maybe that'll help? I should probably go to the store and get some dried fruits. I tried semi-dried prunes and that didn't help unless I ate like the whole tube though :haha:.

Try uping your fat intake :) Healthy fats of course :) I eat a high fat/high protein/low carb diet and haven't had any issues yet luckily!

I find orange juice helps me, constipation can be a right bitch :(

lol, I haven't thought about that before but I can see why someone might. Thankfully straining won't hurt baby but it could definitely hurt you! Maybe you should talk to your doctor about getting a prescription for lactulose if you haven't already? Also, regular exercise can make a huge difference.

I was going to recommend this! I've had this problem over the last week and lactulose was brilliant!! According to the pharmacist, it's the only thing that's safe to take in pregnancy. Not sure how true that it but I know for fact that it works like a dream! Good luck!xox

I agree with exercising, and if you're having trouble going while on the toilet get up and walk a bit. Also, I've heard just relaxing while on the toilet can also help! Someone mentioned they bring a book to the bathroom and just wait and relax and eventually it comes out... :winkwink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->