• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Okay... THROW IT ALL AT ME! Tips, books/resources, advice, regrets, etc

marigold91

Reaction score
I am currently pregnant with my second child and pretty determined to breastfeed. I didn't even TRY to breastfeed with my first, I just gave her formula straight away. I soooo regret that and wish I had at least tried.

I have watched a lot of youtube videos and am trying to learn as much as I can. Any tips, advice, book suggestions, personal experiences/regrets you guys have is much appreciated!

My only regret is that I gave up so easily with my first, I wanted to give up a million times this time as well but my husband knew I would be angry and regret it later and I am so happy he helped me push through those first few weeks. There were so many times I could have stopped wanted to stop, so many emotional break downs and I didn't know if it was worth it. There would always seem to be those days though at 2 am where he would wake up and just be a smiling happy baby who would latch no problems and fall back asleep cuddled up next to me, that made every bad moment worth it. Now it's like one bad day a week, and he's just being stubborn most the time it's not like he won't latch or anything he's just distracted and wants to do other things. He's great at nights now though we just lay side by side I leave my breast out and whenever he's hungry he latches on. Just try and be patient, I know it's hard when you are sleep deprived with a sleeping baby and only you are able to get up and feed them but I promise it's worth it. Make sure you have a good support system and that your doctor knows how strongly you feel about bfing. Lots of skin to skin and remember to be happy for each of the little things you baby does. Like the first time they smile while asleep on the breast, not to mention money saved, health benefits and not just for baby but for you too! Good luck hope to see you around these boards after your lo comes!

Clusterfeeding is perfectly normal, it doesn't mean that you don't have enough milk for the baby, they're just regulating the supply. Knowing this really helped me through the first weeks when she was constantly nursing. Good luck!

Kellymom website is great and very reassuring when you think you're doing it wrong!

As per pp, cluster feeding is normal so don't think you have to too the baby up with a bottle. I'm in the middle of a cluster feeding session right now!

Good breast pads and nipple cream are a must. Not sure where you are but I use Lansinoh products for both.

Will come back if I can think if more! Very tired right now!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->