Old Wives Tale vs. Truth

svaughn8814

Reaction score
My husband and I find out the gender of our first child next Tuesday! So far the last 2 ultrasounds we had the heart rate has been 158 to 160's. If the old wives tale is true this sounds like a girl. Was this true for you? or was it totally off?

We don't find out the gender for another 4 weeks yet and I don't remember what DS's heart rate was at his ultrasound. Maybe post in the gender prediction section? The heart rate was over 160 at our 12 week scan so I also thought girl. I posted my scan pic on the board and most people said boy!

My sons HR was very high all throughout the pregnancy. So that wasn't right for me.

Good luck! My boys were always 150-160. My daughters has been around 160-170

They've done studies on this. Totally no correlation between hr and gender. Both boys and girls have high and low heart rates equally. Lots of the old wives tales are just funny quirky things to try but don't mean much in the long run. Not long until you find out!

Good luck finding out. As others have said, old wives tales have no scientific basis behind them, otherwise they wouldn't be called old wives tales :) Anecdotally, for us, it did match up with our son's heart rate consistently around 140 and our daughter consistently higher around 170. I didn't take anything from that at the time and actually had it totally the wrong way round. I was convinced our son was a girl and convinced our daughter was a boy. I think next time I'm just going to assume the opposite of what my gut instinct is telling me!!

Have fun at your gender scan!

It was wrong with my last 2, DS's heart rate was always faster, DD's slower.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->