Old wives tales

pookied

Mum to 1 and pregnant
Reaction score
Do you believe in some of the tales regarding the sex of baby.
I heard morning sickness is worse with boys than girls and a girls heartbeat is slower.

Ha I heard a girls heartbeat was faster?
I don´t believe any of it but it´s still fun to guess. xx

I was way more sick with my son than this pregnancy so hopefully its a girl. The heartrate one failed me with my son!

I am convinced I am carrying a boy, his scull shape matches my friends boys, my morning sickness was not to bad and cleared up, my skin is better I look MILES better than I did in the last few weeks! heart beat sounds like a boy....but most other people think from my scan and dates etc that its a girl.... will find out next month and let you know

In regards to heartbeat its supposed to sound like a train for a boy and a horse for girls I do believe in the way you carry in the third trimester can usually tell sex

I know some midwives can tell the sex by the heartbeat apparently the cinese gender calendar is supposed to be pretty accurate x

I read on the NHS website the other day that you are more likely to suffer MS with a girl :wacko: I have a girl and had MS, this time MS is even worse so not sure what that might mean!!

When I was PG with my son, my MS was not bad at all, this pregnancy I am a lot sicker.

Last time the Chinese gender predictor was correct for me but not the morning sickness theory. I had a girl and no ms :)

I really dont mind what sex im having as long as lil ones healthy im just getting impatient 7 weeks until I find out im sure it will come around quick enough its strange everyone is saying from my scan girl but my gut tells me boy:shrug:

Least we have our countdown together, and with Christmas next month we have another celebration to break it up! xxx

I always heard morning sickness is bad with girls as opposed to boys, and girls have faster heartrates (>140). I had zero nausea or morning sickness with both my boys and they always had heartrates below 140. I also had fabulous skin, was the most mellow and happy I'd ever been and craved savory foods. As for the theories on how you're carrying, it's all just fun but don't put much faith in it! I carry the typical 'girl' way and it's all only because I have a short waist and my uterus stays somewhat tilted the whole way through. Therefore, I always carry high and rounded out since the uterus never pushes out like a bowling ball!

I know it's all for fun but the chinese gender predictor annoyed me; I think all the information they went on was my age and an entire month for conception so based on that all 27 year olds who conceived in September are having boys?

I heard that having MS was an indication of a girl. I think if you suffer with heartburn then your baby is supposed to be hairy? Not sure about heart rates and skull theories! xx

The hairy baby and heartburn theory I've heard...my son had a little hair but I never had heartburn that entire pregnancy. Had amazing skin though! This one I'm breaking out so bad LOL!

I have only ever had morning sickness with girls
I got it this time around so I'm convinced another girl is on the way

No ms with my son. Terribly sick with my dd. So the sickness myth worked for me. No sickness so far this time so maybe a boy :D

Well, my DD took al my beauty. Haha I had spots, greasy dull hair and just didn't get the glow. Had terrible morning sickness. This time around I have little to no morning sickness. Hair looks good and no spots. So we will have to see. Oh, and with my DD my bump was high.

Just got this off another website...
You're more likely to be carrying a boy if...
Your baby's heartbeat is lower than 140 beats per minute.
You're carrying all out front.
You're carrying low.
You're blooming in pregnancy.
You didn't suffer from morning sickness in your first trimester.
Your right breast is bigger than your left.
You look at yourself in the mirror for at least a minute and your pupils dilate.
You crave salty food or protein, such as cheese and meat.
Your feet become cold more quickly than before you were pregnant.
You tie your wedding ring to some thread, hang it over your stomach and it moves in circles.
Your skin becomes dry.
You combine your age at the time of conception with the number of the month you conceived and the resulting number is even.
Your hair has become more full-bodied and shiny during pregnancy.
The hair on your legs has been growing faster during pregnancy.
You are more prone to headaches.
Your pillow faces north when you sleep.
You're asked to show your hands and you present them palms down.
You lie on your left side when sleeping.
Your urine is bright yellow.
You were the more aggressive partner during love-making when you conceived.
You eat a clove of garlic and the smell seeps out of your pores.
Your previous child's first word was "dada".

You're more likely to be having a girl if...
Your baby's heartbeat is faster than 140 beats per minute.
You're carrying all round.
You're carrying high.
You've missed the "blooming" period altogether.
You suffered morning sickness during your first 12 weeks.
Your left breast is bigger than your right.
You look at yourself in the mirror for at least a minute, but your pupils don't dilate.
You crave sweet things, such as juice, fruit and sweets.
You tie your wedding ring to some thread, hang it over your stomach and it swings from side to side.
Your skin is soft.
You are more moody than usual.
You're asked to show your hands and you present them palms up.
You were the less aggressive partner during love-making when you conceived.
You eat a clove of garlic, but you don't smell of it.
You combine your age at the time of conception with the number of the month you conceived and the resulting number is odd.
Your hair has become thinner and dull during pregnancy.
You lie on your right side when sleeping.
Your pillow faces south when you sleep.
Your urine is dull yellow.
Your previous child's first word was "mama"

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79