Old wives tales

angel4eva

Reaction score
Who's ever followed the old wives tales and been right about the sex.... if so which ones?

We have our 20 week scan in a couple of weeks! Thought I could wait but actually getting quite excited to know the sex now!!

I haven't found out the sex either but wanted to subscribe so I can see other responses. :haha: I've tried Chinese gender prediction, the baking soda test, and I sleep on my left side when I roll to a side which all points to a boy but won't know for another week. :D

With my first the Chinese gender prediction, HB in the 170s, and craved sweets all were correct for her being a girl, this time around everything was wrong lol. Chinese calendar, hb, morning sickness, instinct, all pointed to girl, but there is without a doubt a boy in there

the wives tales have always been wrong for me! What's funny is the Chinese gender chart was right all three times as long as its one that uses lunar age to predict and not actual age and with this one a friend of mine made me try the baking soda test. It fizzed like CRAZY! And sure enough he is ALL boy.

Good luck ladies!

The ring test has been accurate in both of my pregnancies. You just have to be careful where you place it over so you don't pick up your own gender.

Chinese gender did NOT work with this one (it was right with my first two). Craving more salty stuff this time and not sweets (first two were girls, this is a boy).

We've always done the ring test. It was accurate with mine, my friend's and several people from my mom's work as well. It's said to be the most accurate when using the mother to be's ring on a strand of her hair over her tummy, but works just as well over the palm in my experience.
In fact fun story: My mom was showing the girls from her work the trick and one lady it didn't move for. My mom was really confused because she knew this lady had children. Turns out they were adopted.

^^ what if you aren't married will just any old ring work? :haha:

Chinese predictor said girl, I`ve had bad acne since day 1 (which means girl apparently), ring test showed girl, HB always in the 150-160`s......all girl signs, and this little one is all boy!

All that I looked at were wrong for me. High heart rate, Acne, horrible morning sickness, sleep on the right, moody all pointed to girl. He is very clearly a boy!

Heartbeat one was wrong with my boy, but Chinese gender said boy, Ramzi said boy, craved salty things - boy I believe?

This one is boy for both Ramzi and Chinese gender, heartbeat high again (personally think that one is silly) , so I'll come and update in 12 weeks, lol.

The one that has been mostly right for me, my friend and sister in law's is the pencil test. Basically the same thing as the ring but you put thread through a needle and then attach the needle into the wooden pencil's eraser. And then you hold it over the inside of your wrist. It goes through each pregnancy even if you've had a miscarriage so you have to wait because it should come to a rest in between. It is saying a girl for my friend this time but they aren't finding out. I'm more anxious to know then they are to see if it's right again!

The Chinese gender prediction has been wrong with my last two. This time baby is predicted to be a girl, so we'll see!

All said boy except for the heartbeat ( it was higher so girl) and I broke out badly in the early days (which also meant girl) and I'm having a baby girl so I'd say 50/50

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->