Oliver Evan Daniels arrived 22/12/08

akamummy

Reaction score
We went in on the monday morning and I gave everyone the 'candy mice' I had made the night before...I had made enough for the MWs on duty that morning and another lot for the surgical staff! Everyone loved them and I kept getting nice comments about them :blush::blush:
Anyway, I got to have a room of my own (they were really busy so we had to wait in a shared room until the MW discharged a few mothers who wanted to be out before xmas). Anyhoo...we (DH and I) went into theatre at around 8am...I was quite worried about feeling the anesthetic being given (as last time my mind was on having contractions...), but it wasnt as bad as I thought! Then after that the Anthestetist (sp?) did the spinal block (it felt really really weird:wacko: ) and I could tell the injection was a deep one, but coz I didnt feel pain, it just felt strange!

Anyway, everyone was lovely in theatre and were cracking jokes with me and Gary and talking amongst themselves and it had the general air of calmness, but professional if you know what I mean!
It seemed to take forever for Oliver to make his debut...(not sure if I told you earlier that her turned breech possy a few days before the section!)...but finally I heard "ooh I can see a foot and bottom!" :lol: So that was lovely! I think they must have needed to turn him...Im sure I heard dr say that the cord was around his neck...but not sure if I was imagining things...I didnt want to ask just in case it was true! I just crossed my fingers and hoped everything would be ok! After a few minutes I heard him crying and the drs lowered the the screen and I saw my little boy!!!! So cute!!!!

Then they whisked him away with Gary following behind with the disposable camera all ready (I broke our digital camera a week before :wacko: ) to get snap happy of our new little bundle! Then they brought him back and layed him on my chest and all I could think was "Boy this bubby is hefty!" He was actually quite cute too!

So after being stitched up and wheeled off to recovery, Gary went with the MW to give Oliver a bath and to wait for me...I was covered with blankets and warm towels (as apartently you get cold after surgery and get the shakes)...

So, yeah...thats about it! :lol: I have been in hospital for about 5 days...and only came home sat morning. So I havent had a chance to update or anything!
Will update more when I get a chance! :winkwink:

Huge congrats hun, can't wait to see pics :cloud9:

Aww congrats hun cant wait to see piccies of little Oliver :)

Yay, congratulations on the arrival of baby Oliver - we want piccies! :D

xxx

Congratualtions Hunny! Glad it all went ok. Can't wait to see some pics!

Fantastic that everything went as smooth as it did..and i concur mrs!! He's a little sweetie, lol!!

Please take good care and although i know your busy with your little foursome, dont be a stranger. All the best, hun!!!

Hugs, Omi xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->