Olivia Marie

boppybean

Reaction score
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v194/sarahbean/IMG_5017.jpg

Olivia Marie was born on Thursday, October 1st 2009 at 3:21AM. She weighed 8lbs 13ounces and was 20 inches long. Her head was 13cm. My due date was September 24th, and I was 3cm dilated since September 9th. EVERYONE was certain I was going to have her by the 11th, which sooned turned into the 15th, then the 24th.. and well, after that, everyone I knew including myself was convinced that this baby was in for the long haul, lol. So I got induced.
I got to the hospital at 7am on September 30th. They attempted to put my first IV in me and blew through the vein. So they tried on the inside of my arm and blew through another vein. :growlmad: By this point I was trying to convince the nurses to not give me an IV, lol. My hand swelled up and they had to keep putting a hot wrap around it to keep the swelling down. Eventually they got the IV in (3rd time is a charm.. i guess...?) and we got the pitocin going. By noon I was starting to feel alot of pain so I opted for the epidural. I was so afraid that the epi was going to hurt I was sweating uncontrollably and shaking. They almost denied me! But eventually I calmed down, got the epi (which, by the way, didnt hurt at all, and was a miracle worker) and was feeling wonderful. Twelve hours later, I was still in great spirits. A little peeved that my babygirl was still inside of me, but I was enjoying myself. By 1am my nurse checked me and I was at 10 cm. She asked me if I wanted to start pushing, or if I wanted to wait until her head got lower into position. I told her to wait 10 minutes, lol. I was scared about pushing her out. I didn't want to do it, and I couldn't feel ANYTHING. She turned off the epidural. :nope: and thats when the pain began. I'd say about an hour after I could feel things again. An hour after that I wanted to quit, I was so tired of pushing and it hurt!! I didn't sign up for this, I kept thinking.. I'm supposed to be painfree! LOL boy was I naive! :dohh:
3am came along and the nurse paged my doctor to come immediately. Her head was stuck and it wasn't progressing anymore. I was so exhausted I'm pretty sure I passed out for a few moments. I opened my eyes and all of a sudden there were 8 nurses and doctors all around me, pushing on my stomach, screaming at me to push. I looked over at my boyfriend, who was watching everything and he was crying. I didn't understand what was going on. Everyone screamed to push again, and I did and a few moments later a bloody baby was thrown onto me. :smug: But she wasn't crying. And she was really blue. And her head was like one of a conehead on that old tv show. My boyfriend didn't have the chance to cut the cord. When my doctor finally got her head unstuck, her left shoulder got stuck and they had to get her out as fast as possible. They thought her clavicle was broken. :'( She didn't cry for about 2 minutes. But when we heard her finally cry, it was a miracle..
The scariest part was when I was just laying there in the bed, trying to see what was going on across the room where my baby was with everyone around her.. I kept asking what was wrong with my baby, and no one would answer me.. my doctor was stitching me up (I had a large episiotomy) and wouldn't say a word.

I absolutely love being a momma. :winkwink:
But, as my doctors suggest, the next time, I will have a c-section or be induced early because they didn't expect her to be so big!!

aww congratulations. that must have been very scary for you. all was well in the end though. enjoy your gorgeous little girl x

awww congratulations, she's gorgeous x

OMG she is STUNNING!!! So adorable. Sorry I don't have time to read your birth story right now, but she is just beautiful. :hugs: Congrats!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->