Olivias Weight

Stef

Mummy to Olivia & PG #2
Reaction score
After the whole ordeal lastweekend with Olivia being ill she is still REALLY off her bottles. She used to have 5 x7oz bottles a day. Now she is will only have 2.5 bottles a day. Ive noticed she is dropping weight rappidly as her clothes are falling off...

Im just about to take her to be weighed & I have her booked in at the docs this aft. I was just wondering if any one knows what the doctor may advise.

The bottles she will take I have upped to 9oz but she wont take it. I was trying to get it back into her that wy but shes only taking between 6-7.

I have just tried to feed her again when I walked back from town which was about 4 and a quater hours since her last feed so I thought she would have been screaming for it but she has taken 3 oz and then pushes it out with her tounge spits the milk out and screams until I take the bottle away.

Any suggestions, ideas or advice would be muchly appreciated.

Thanks.

X

What bottles & teat size are you on hun?

Avent bottles size 3 teats.

Dr said to start weaning her onto baby rice. Which shocked me. She isnt yet 4 months.

Im going to try... Just because he generally gives excellent advice. He is the only one ive ever seen who explains things fully etc.

x

get it checked by the doc, she was just in hospital, isn't it :hugs:

Yeah I did that today, he said to start giving baby rice and fruit purees.

thanks x

She hasn't been well she's probably still getting better im shocked dr would say that when she isn't taking enough bottles when thats really important at her age if you start feeding her she will want bottles even less i would have thought.

I'm surprised he suggested that - when Caitlin dropped weight the HV said its always expected when they are poorly but when and after recovery they check to see if they go back up (I think it was a week later).

as well, I read, when you start on solids, they won't gain weight as quickly anymore, as their digestive system still can't get all nutritions out of solids :baby:

find it strange, doc advised this!

the same, as when my doc advised to give Juleika sugar cubes to bite on for teething :dohh: :dohh: :dohh: :dohh: :dohh:

I tried her with a small amount of baby rice. she took some of it and still seemed disinterested really. I personally dont think she needs weaning just yet. Ialso dont feel comfortable giving her baby rice etc as she is not 17 weeks/4months.

Im going to book another appointment as weaning for me isnt working out. As I say I dont beleive she is ready, she isnt greatly interested and i feel very uncomfortable with it. She has been off her bottles 9 days now. I am starting to get very concerned.

x

yes, keep on knocking on the door!

if your GP isn't of any help got to hospital A&E, this is what we always do, if we are concerned and doc doesn't seem to be helpful :baby:

btw, it would concern me aswell!

hope all goes well :hugs:

Ok so tonight I took her to the NHS walk in centre as she has also developed the runs.

Turns out she has a virus and could be like this for 5-7 days and if it continues and she still has the runs by next week it will have to be sent away to be tested,

She is not currently dehydrated, which was a great releif but obviosuly I have to keep watching out for symptoms as she isnt taking much at the top end and errr loosing it rather quickly by you know whatting at the bottom end...

I have a runny nappy almost every hour with out fail!

Poor little thing has had a bad time of it just lately. I wish I could protect her from the world in a big bubble. Every thing seems to come at once.

But she is happy enough in herself and thats good enough for me for the time being.

Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->