Omg hand foot and mouth disease!

MaisyMay

Oakley's Mummy & 1baking!
Reaction score
Just got back from a one year olds party with ds. Half way through the mother (my supposed friend) jokingly says oh btw my husband won't be coming out of the kitchen much cos he's got hand foot and mouth disease! What?! Did she not think to tell us this before apparently he's had it since Monday! He's not ill but has blisters on his hands and feet and they're itchy the dr told him it's hf&m disease. From what I've read there's a small risk of mc if you contract it in the first three months of pregnancy ... I'm 5+4 and terrified now? Does anyone know anything about it or some reassurance. As if I wasn't already worried enough :'( xx

I was exposed about 4 weeks as was a pregnant friend further along . Her LO got it but she didn't. Adults immune systems are much stronger than kids usually. I'd mention it to your dr or midwife next time you see them but wouldn't be too worried .

Hey there,

So great to see you in this section :) congrats!!!

Secondly, I actually caught HFMD really early in this pregnancy. I caught it from my son. I had a really high fever for a couple of days and then got blisters on my hands, toes (those were sore) and around my mouth. It wasn't as bad as my son, who got them all around his mouth and nose and huge ones on his hands. It didn't do my little one any harm, so try not to worry if you do end up catching it. I took a couple of days off work for the fever and flu-like symptoms, but as the spots came in I went back to work. They weren't that bad, a bit sore, not itchy. Most adults, if they catch it, get a milder version than children get.

Hope you don't end up catching it - though even if you do, it's most likely nothing to worry about. Also wanted to mention, the reason I caught it, was because my son slept with us while he was ill and was coughing in my face all night. If you didn't go near her husband, you should be fine.

x

Thank you so much both of you, Nhs says it's a really low risk of it affecting the pregnancy even if I do get it, but I'm such a worrier. I stayed well clear of her husband so fx. Congrats to both of you, h&h 9 months �� xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->