OMG Headaches

J.D.

Reaction score
I don't know where to post this -- I'm not exactly going to call it a first trimester symptom since it only started this week, but I don't belong in 2nd Tri yet!

Just this week, I've started getting nasty headaches around 4pm. they last until I lie down and relax or sleep.

Tylenol doesn't seem to touch them at all.

Any suggestions? Anyone else have headaches appear at the beginning of 2nd trimester?

I seem to have more of them after 12 weeks in my pregnancies. I have found drinking some caffeine helps, usually one or two cans of regular Coke (the caffeine amount falls within the limit my doctor recommends). That little jolt of caffeine helps take the edge off for me.

i had them from 4 weeks until a week ago!!

paracetemol, cold/hot compress on the base of your neck or on your forehead, water!! dehydration can cause headaches and also get your eyes checked as your eyes can change dramatically in pregnancy x

Thanks guys

I'll probably skip the caffeine seeing as I haven't had caffeine in years, but getting my eyes checked is interesting -- I hadn't come across that. My eyes are terrible and I wear glasses full time.

I've rooted out one of those microwavable wheat bags and that around the back of my neck seems to be taking the edge off, but I did notice myself not wearing my glasses this afternoon.

mine only stopped last week as i got new glasses - my optician said my eyes will change a bit more which is normal apparently x

If get your eyes checked i needed glasses with my first and have had to have my prescription changed with this one . It's giving me head aches too

I started getting headaches last week. I find drinking TONS of water helps a little. My headaches also get a little worse when I wear my glasses, so getting my eyes checked might not be a bad idea...

My headaches were usually caused by not drinking enough water.

Hey all I started with this a couple of weeks ago. I find I only get them if I don't drink enough water and I've managed to avoid paracetamol as as all as I feel a headache coming on I drink like 2 pints of water....done the trick every time!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->