OMG i feel so bad

anita123

Married, mummy to 4
Reaction score
Sorry for the pointless thread!!

We brought our little 3 month old puppy out for her first walk this evening, and she got herself in under my feet as we were walking and i caught her little leg under my shoe!!! she let the biggest cry out of her and now seems a little sorry for herself!!! i feel so bad that i stood on her!!
It doesnt appear that there is anything serious wrong with her (I have some vet nursing experience and degree in animal health and welfare), she is putting some weight on it, scratching with it, and lets me manipulate it and extend and flex it without crying! but when she moves herself she lets out a little wimper! I feel so so bad about this! :cry:
does this make me a bad dog owner? i hope she is ok in a few days!!

Accidents happen:hugs: I don't know much about animals, but hoepfully she'll be right as rain soon x

Ofcourse it doesnt make you a bad owner!
Accidents happen, All the time!
I accidently shut the chickens leg in the door the other day! Felt awful!

But if she seems ok then she probably is :hugs::flower:

No it doesn't make you a bad pet owner, accidents happen :hugs:

I'm sure you're a great owner! I think most of us has had our pets get under our feet at one time or another. It happens! I guarantee she will forget about it by tomorrow.

:hugs: hun it doesn't make you a bad pet owner if it does then i am truly horrible i have sat on my dogs tail countless times quite often she doesn't even notice but the times she does i feel awful but if she didn't insist on spreading her self right across the sofa it wouldn't happen

aww it definitely doesnt make you a bad owner, accidents happen :hugs:

Accidents happen :flower: As long as she doesn't look in pain she'll be fine.
The first walk I took my Chihuahua on, I was beong really careful watching him but didn't even think about the drain grid :dohh: Poor little boy jumped straight on to one and his feet when in the holes!

Accidents happen hun. :hugs: We have a 3 month old puppy at home too. They do get underfoot alot because they feel safer especially in between your legs! It's hard to train yourself at first to look everywhere while you're walking with a young pup in the house.

I'm sure she'll be fine hun. :hugs:

Aww, things happen. But maybe just take her along to the vets so she can check it if its still sore on a few days.

Also, I thought you were not meant to walk puppies because of the stress on joints or something? My boss couldn't take her dalmations for a walk until they were about 5/6 months at least.

Thankyou all so much for your kind words!! she seems a lot better today and is running round like mad this evening!! Hope it was just a small sprain!
We didnt take her for a very long walk Abz it was just a short walk to get her used to being outside!!! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->