OMG I'm panicking! 102F fever @ 5wks

BrieAnne

Reaction score
I got Coxsackie Virus from my son and had a fever hovering dangerously close to 102F for at least 24 hours. I took Tylenol but I don't know that it worked well enough... I called my Dr's office and they didn't seem all that concerned, it even took them over 2 hours to call me back bc they were at lunch. I am SO scared something is going to happen. I keep reading about neural tube defects from fever before week 6 and I'm terrified. Anyone have experience with high fever in early pregnancy? I would be about 5 weeks. What is the earliest they can test for defects and get accurate results? I keep finding conflicting information... :cry: My appointment isn't until Dec 5th.

Try to drink plenty of cool fluids, and take your temp hourly. Keep taking the tylenol, and try to just rest as much as possible. I know its hard to stay calm, but the chance of anything happening is low.

Try to drink plenty of cool fluids, and take your temp hourly. Keep taking the tylenol, and try to just rest as much as possible. I know its hard to stay calm, but the chance of anything happening is low.

Thanks for your input. The fever is over now. I feel ok, I'm just terrified that something could have happened. This is turning into a very uneasy pregnancy. :nope:

Fevers in pregnancy scare me too :(. I just got over the flu (at 12 weeks) and I'm still terrified something went wrong. I have no idea when they can tell something like a neural tube defect via U/S but I do know MANY women who had fevers in early pregnancy and went on to have healthy babies. It's just a chance something could have happened...but I think there's a better chance babe is fine and healthy. Sending good vibes your way :)

Stay hydrated it's not that high

I got Coxsackie Virus from my son and had a fever hovering dangerously close to 102F for at least 24 hours. I took Tylenol but I don't know that it worked well enough... I called my Dr's office and they didn't seem all that concerned, it even took them over 2 hours to call me back bc they were at lunch. I am SO scared something is going to happen. I keep reading about neural tube defects from fever before week 6 and I'm terrified. Anyone have experience with high fever in early pregnancy? I would be about 5 weeks. What is the earliest they can test for defects and get accurate results? I keep finding conflicting information... :cry: My appointment isn't until Dec 5th.

you can take two ibuprophen ever 6 hours up until 7 months at seven month it needs to stop to let a whole close in the heart...
the reason they say it causes m/c that is only because of people over dosing on it...im sure you wouldnt....

you can take ibuprophen two every 6 to 8 hours and drinks loads of fluiids and dont dress with heavy clothes...

if you cant get it down with that i would go to the er

xx

Fevers in pregnancy scare me too :(. I just got over the flu (at 12 weeks) and I'm still terrified something went wrong. I have no idea when they can tell something like a neural tube defect via U/S but I do know MANY women who had fevers in early pregnancy and went on to have healthy babies. It's just a chance something could have happened...but I think there's a better chance babe is fine and healthy. Sending good vibes your way :)

Thank you Beneli. I just can't stop thinking about it. I read about one test at 10-16 weeks I think but it can give false positives. Then there is another one around 18-20 weeks, but that seems like a long time to wonder :/ I just hope its ok.

I"m going through the same thing! My fever comes down when I'm on Tylenol until the effects wear off. Once I day I feel horrible and I"m actually not sure how long it's gone on for. I attributed all the achiness to pregnancy until yesterday when I decided I needed to take a temperature and it was 101. I may have been warmer the day before. I also don't feel hungry, which is weird because I've been ravenous up until now. I'm 5w1d and have my U/s on dec 4.

I"m going through the same thing! My fever comes down when I'm on Tylenol until the effects wear off. Once I day I feel horrible and I"m actually not sure how long it's gone on for. I attributed all the achiness to pregnancy until yesterday when I decided I needed to take a temperature and it was 101. I may have been warmer the day before. I also don't feel hungry, which is weird because I've been ravenous up until now. I'm 5w1d and have my U/s on dec 4.

Me too! I feel like I ate everything in sight last week and the past couple days, hardly anything. I basically ate so I wouldn't feel like I was starving the baby! When I had the fever, it was over 102 at one point and I took the Tylenol, but it seemed like it took an hour to kick in and then wore off an hour before I could take it again. I haven't felt that bad in ages, so that's why I'm really worried. It's awful when your fever is so high, but you are freezing and shaking. :(

Totally! I am so scared, have another beta next week to get me through to my ultrasound the following week. I bought a bunch of pee sticks so I can see if I'm still pregnant lol.

if you only had a fever below 104 for a day or two im sure your baby is just fine...its really more precautionary ...
just take care of it now....also dont worry about starving the baby, it will get what it needs from your own body...just make sure you stqay hydrated as dehydration can make ur fever go up higher, and make u sicker and feel sicker as well a cause cramps or contractions...
being hydrated also helps wash whatever it is out of ur system alot faster...so liquids is more important then food right now so dont worry...as long as u can keep liquid down and ur fever down ur doing ok..:hugs:

if anything gets worse call ur doc or go to the er..

feel better girls...

Im adding that I was a OB nurse for over ten yrs and am A ER nurse now. I hope this makes you feel better....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->