omg! I'm so worried....please help me?

Flutterby1982

Reaction score
I'm just over 12 weeks and due for my scan on weds. Yesterday I felt tired, dizzy and very emotional, luckily I only had to work in the morning so spent most of the day and night lying on the couch but by 11pm I felt like a had a sore throat and bad headache so I took one paracetomal (hubby checked on the net and said it was safe). Then went straight to sleep and woke at 3am realising my boobs didn't feel sore anymore as I was lying on them! Did worry me a bit but went back to sleep.
I've just woken up at 9am and all my symtoms are gone! No sore heavy boobs, no sore nipples, bloating has all gone around my waist and I feel different :shrug:
I got a doppler on weds and we found the heartbeat then but tried it just now and could'nt find anything (mind you I had a little go yesterday and couldn't find it then either).
Thing is, I very rarely take medication as I like to battle through colds etc! so the last time I had a paracetomal was prob a year ago!
Is it possible I've killed my baby by taking it?? :cry:
Or is it common to lose all symptoms overnight???
I would ring my midwife but she is away for 2 weeks....

Your over 12 weeks i've been told it's normal to start losing your symptoms. I've lost most of my nauseus and loss of apettite, but still got sore boobs. I wouldn't worry about it, but if you really are worried about it then i'd speak to your midwife just to get her to reassure you hun xx

I would say there is no chance whatsoever you ahve killed your baby with paracetamol. For one it is safe and and two, with my cramps I have had some every week :) I would get that idea right out of your head!!

Also you are at the stage where your symptoms ease off - for some this is gradual, for others sudden.

In addition, although I have never used one, it can take a while to get the knack of those dopplers. From my understanding, they have to be used quite low down and some don't pick up anything until around the 16 week mark.

Do you not have a standby midwife while yours is away? That's a bit slack of them not to arrange that! Maybe try NHS direct or your GP in the meantime if you're concerned.

As long as your not in pain and / or bleeding I would really try not to worry. I know that's easier said than done. I think you'll be fine hun xxx

Thankyou for the fast replies, I feel a little better now...I just wasn't sure about all the symptoms disappearing overnight but just had a look on the net and found a few people who had this so maybe it will be ok?
I'll see how I feel today and maybe ring up later on xx

Thankyou for the fast replies, I feel a little better now...I just wasn't sure about all the symptoms disappearing overnight but just had a look on the net and found a few people who had this so maybe it will be ok?
I'll see how I feel today and maybe ring up later on xx

Okay hun, well just do your best to relax. And taking one paracetomal wont hurt i have them when i get really bad headaches but only one and nothings happened to me so far so hugs x

sweetie i have severe hip dysplasia and curviture of the spine i was taking pain relief paracetamol and codiene all through my pregnancies and they are perfect and around 12 weeks the placenta take over but phone the midwife for peace of mind hun xxx

Hey im 12 weeks and most of my symptoms have completely dissapeared! No morning sickness and my boobs dont hurt at all anymore. I went for my 12 week scan 2 days ago and everything was perfect. I wouldnt worry at all. At 12 weeks the hormones start balancing out and even our hcg starts to drop or even out as the placenta takes over. Remember that pregnancy symptoms are caused by the the high hormone levels early on. Right now we can relax as we dont need those high levels of hormones for baby to survive. So just relax :)

Thanks ladies xx
I managed to speak to another midwife (after a few calls to my doctors surgery) and I asked has she heard of symptoms disappearing overnight, she said yes and to try not to get distressed about it and to not play with the doppler. Apparently baby can go behind the pubic bone and then you can't find the heartbeat.
She didn't say to come in for a check or anything though and said she obviously couldn't confirm if everything was ok over the phone...my scan isn't til weds and that seems like forever away now :cry:
My nipples are sore again now but not as bad as they were, fingers crossed piglet is still ok.

glad to hear that you have been reassured. keep us posted in here about the scan goes.

:hugs:

Hey Chick,
I'm glad the other midwife was able to help you.
I sometimes loose symptoms every now and again but they always come back to bite me in the ass! hehe
When do you have your next scan booked?

you have not harmed your baby by taking paracetamol. after 12 weeks, the hormones just begin to settle adn so you no longer have the symptoms x

Don't worry...sure things are fine. However the net is not a reliable source of information, anyone can publish information on the net. I would never trust it.....always, always call your doc or nurse.

Good news...I had another play with the doppler and found the heartbeat! I know the midwife said not to use it but on the fri we were going round my mums and gonna tell her and my sisters so I kind of wanted an answer rather than feeling worried all night, and thankgod I got it! It only seems to work when hubby is in the room so piglet must be a daddy's boy/girl :haha:
I had to put the doppler right on the pubic bone and then tilt it so baby must have been hiding like she said. Anyway my mum and sisters were overjoyed so that was great. I wanted to wait for the scan really but people are starting to guess and I wanted mum to be the first to know.
By the way my symptoms have all come back now so I guess I was worrying about paracetomal for nothing...oops :blush: Thanks everyone for being so kind xx

My symptoms just dissappered one morning at 11+wks
worried the crap out of me, bloat gone, no sore Boobs NOTHING
a scan then at 12+4 showed all was perfect
didnt get h/b on doppler till was13+4
am sure all is fine hunny
Take Care x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member