OMG my SPD has suddenly gone postal!

Snoopy

Reaction score
No point to this thread at all.

For some reason today my SPD has become....unbelievable. I've had moderate SPD for a few months now, but today I literally cannot function. It's taking me about 10 minutes to get to the loo, even shuffling is agony. I'm assuming she's engaged more today or something, but I'm wondering how the hell I'm gonna cope with labour. Even just sitting still is stupidly painful. I'm actually dreading going to bed.

I feel for you hun! I just posted a thread not too long ago about the pains I have been having lately compared to before and it's unreal! Today I moved a certain way and I could have swore my pelvis broke!!! Going to the bathroom is near impossible now (getting there I mean) and I can't wait to have this over and done with and my LO in my arms!! I have 11 days left to go and I am so excited!!!!!!! It will be over soon hun :)

Oh I hope so sweetie, I guess I'm just concerned I'm gonna be one of those women who find labour harder, not easier, due to the SPD. 9 days for me, assuming I don't go over or under.

I'm like that today and yesterday it was extreme pain, could hardly move. I'm just hoping it gets better i've longer to go than you.

Hope you start feeling better soon xx

i have days with mine where it really is a lot worse than pothers, hopefully thats all it is for you too hun, today i am feeling ok, but the other night it was so bad i had to crawl up the stairs :(

sorry youre feeling so poop!!

Have you considered a water birth? It might help with the pain and how hard it is to move around at the moment. At least the water would hold the weight of your body and make it easier to move about.

xxx

Yeah I didn't delivery naturally when I had SPD but that was due to other complications where I needed an emergency c-section and we lost our son ... not due to SPD at all though I don't want it to sound that way :) This time I am having my scheduled due to past complications but a friend of mine just delivered her LO at 7bs 8oz naturally with severe SPD :) She was in labor a long time 18+ hours but that was due to slowly being induced due to the pain :) She pushed her LO out in 20 minutes! She had the epi but it was more so she could sleep as she didn't sleep for 2 days. I know it can make delivery harder but I know a few people who have had it and they delivered naturally without problems. I hope that is the case for you! Just make sure you tell the nurses/doc/midwife that you have SPD so they know ways to help you during labor if needed.

My friend (mentioned above) was induced because she couldn't handle the pain any longer. She was 38 weeks and got a real good OB who felt for her and decided baby was fully cooked, good size and induced :) Who knows, maybe you could talk to someone if your days don't get any easier... could be worth a try :)

Thanks everyone :)

Ticklemonster - have you got crutches or anything yet? Perhaps, as Suzi says, we're just having a couple of bad days and it gets a little better again? :hugs:

suzib76 - I really hope so. I tried the stairs-crawling last night but at times it felt worse, not better. I'm starting to think I should have my TENS on whenever I'm awake

mummypeanut - thanks hun. Yes, we're having a water birth at home (assuming everything goes to plan!). I'm really hoping it makes the difference, or that my MW's correct when she says you don't notice the SPD in labour :shrug:

baby_maybe_825 - If I have to be induced I'll definitely go straight for the epi....not because I think people don't cope, but because so many women find it unbearable I wouldn't want to risk it. I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your son :hugs:

let me know how it goes, i have heard from other people that SPD doesnt effect your ability to birth (or birth at home) - im planning a home water birth too so touch wood for both of us!!! I will keep my eye out for your progress :flower:

xxx

Thanks hun - will try to keep everyone posted. And hopefully you won't read me saying "for the love of anything, if you've got SPD get yourself numbed from the nose down!!" :D

I'm hoping that at least part of labour will be bearable enough for me to post on here :wacko:

mine has got really bad the last few days... but i can't use my crutches much due to the ice on the paths... I am starting to wonder if the cold weather has made it a little worse.

When i walk i look like a munchin (from wizard of OZ) :shrug:

Oh I hope so sweetie, I guess I'm just concerned I'm gonna be one of those women who find labour harder, not easier, due to the SPD. 9 days for me, assuming I don't go over or under.

I'm also getting the SPD stronger by the day (I'm 37+5). I refer to my pelvis area as 'the box' to make sure my oh understands where I'm hurting. Sometimes, I even feel like I've got loosened bones... that kind of scares me.

But I should admit, I'm not suffering as bad as you Snoopy. I'm sorry about your pain. I sympathised with the idea that I may not be able to cope with labour... and I've planned a home birth... so, yes, I feel also daunted.

Wish you and the other ladies who are going with these pains to get through labour well. :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->