omg Ran out of formula and can't get any until monday! can I substitute?

Danie1stbaby

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a 9 month old baby girl

I thought she had a extra can of milk,but come to find out I gave it to my sister for her baby and I cannot get anymore milk until monday :(

I am a first time mom,and I am freaking out!

I have a sample can of similac that I never opened

she is on Gerber Goodstart gentle

I do have breast milk still,odd! lol I breastfed her for a little while when she was first born

My breastmilk is so salty and I heard that it happens in mothers who are not breastfeeding,the milk sits??? I am not sure..

she loves water but it isn't her milk,and she wants/needs her milk

what can I do? can't the similac hurt her belly? She would be back on the Gerber monday,so what do I do?? It's not good to switch their milk back and forth,but she can't drink water tonight,tomorrow,and monday morning...HELp please,thanks in advance

Use the similac!!! It should be fine. Better than her starving... I don't really see any other options sorry. Because I would have thought if you do still have some breast milk, surely you don't have a full supply still..? Didn't think that was possible after so many months.

So yes, similac it is.

I guess I have no choice but to use the similac

I wish I could have breastfed :( probably wouldn't have this issue...

My milk is really salty and probably not enough to pump for her.

she loves milk,she will take it over food any day.I cannot believe I miss counted the cans of formula :(

Well, you have to give her something so if you're in that much of a pinch you can give her the Similac. There is a chance it could upset her tummy a bit though, especially going from good start to that (good start is made from whey protiens that are broken down, similac has a quite different make up). There's NO way you can get any tomorrow so she only has a few bottles of the Similac?

you dont really have a choice, better similac than nothing! x

Thankfully my brother inlaw went and got me a can of Gerber.Woooo I was about to go crazy~ Thank goodness he came through for me :) That will never happen again~Thank you ladies for your help :)

Why can't you get any until Monday???

I would assume she recieves wic and ran out, and wont get her checks til then.

OP- similac would be fine if this would ever happen again. Your lo is older and should handle the change better than an infant. Or you could search craigslist in your area for someone selling it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->