OMG thoughts plz?

babyjan

Mum&expecting#2
Reaction score
I don't know what to say....

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepa...-from-a-mothers-breast-on-primetime-show.html

I don't either :/ I don't know! :rofl:

I don't know if anyone read the comments but this one is just stupid!

"Every bit as disgusting as when mums whip their tits out to feed their babies...and occasionally growing children.

As I always say, yes it is a natural biological function but so is urination and I don't want to see anyone doing that in public either."

Idk.. it's crude but I thought it was quite funny :blush:

I've seen worse on British chat shows tbf, people getting all their bits and bobs out, I think the general public just go all queasy over breasts without a sexual context. There'd probably be less uproar if he'd sucked it from a cow.

I don't know if the stunt has affected negatively on what they were there to talk about though - it'd be a shame.

I think it's extremely gross :wacko:

I have no problem with breastfeeding whether it's public, extended, or hanging upside down from a tree lol I think BF is awesome and hope to have no problems with exclusively BF my LO once she's here...but having a random dude drink milk from your boob is just gross

ETA: I also think a stunt like this is something that doesn't help "normalize" BF in public...even tho I 100% believe that no one should bat an eye when a mom BF her baby wherever and whenever she needs to.

Dont see what the fuss is, certainly not ewwww.
She consented he was curious, no one was forced.
Im not surprised by it being a dutch show though, they are very laid back and easy going and just dont get stressed and offended by alot of thing most others would.
The show was about bf after all so its not like a host went up to a random audiance member and asked "can I suck your boobs" :)

I think I know what this is about before I even click on the link.... :dohh:

I just don't see how this is normalizing breastfeeding. If anything, I think it reiterates societies' opinion that breastfeeding mothers (especially those who allow the child to self wean) have some sick alterior motive.

I'm no prude, but I found it bad taste and I'm a breastfeeding mother myself.

Why did this part have to be about normalising bf though, he was curiouse as what tasted like and they botb made a bit of a joke about it.
Its not like he pounced on her or she squirted him in the face with it.
Theu just took a subject and showed they both saw a funny side to it all, thats how I see it.

I don't know. I just think breastfeeding mums already cop a lot of flack, I just think stunts like this make it worse.

As a breastfeeding mum, I try to make it as 'normal' as I can.

I wasn't fussed by it at all.
I think the two of them were relaxed about it, jokey, and probably got a point across that BFing isn't sexual.
As a previous poster said, we are regularly treated to all sorts of overt sexualization and gratuitous violence on TV. Regularly. So I don't think this is even on the radar for shock value, if we keep it in that context. :shrug:

Doesn't shock me but then again as a veggie I've seen numerous mocked up pictures of humans sucking cow udders - now that's weird!
There was no sexual context, he's gay anyway and as a pp says this is Holland.

Hahahahha the first thing I thought was 'bet it's a Dutch TV show' and I was totally right, they have the craziest TV :haha:

Kind of weird because she's like a stranger? But they had a laugh so whatever - we've been desensitised to way worse things on TV.

I just don't see how this is normalizing breastfeeding. If anything, I think it reiterates societies' opinion that breastfeeding mothers (especially those who allow the child to self wean) have some sick alterior motive.

I'm no prude, but I found it bad taste and I'm a breastfeeding mother myself.

What do you think was suggested though?
I don't think anyone who watched that was going to walk away thinking that it's fine to stop and ask for a drink of milk from any random BFing mother. I think it was shocking to some partly because it wasn't sexual. I think that is an important step in normalizing. Sometimes people need to be shocked out of their old way of thinking.

Tbh I cant think of anything more non sexual then drinking milk from a boob (unless thats what floats their boat, im sure there are fetishes out there for it)
Surely in a sexual situation for most people getting squirted in the eye with milk must be a bit of a mood killer.
I van tell you now if I squirted hubby with milk his last though would be "thats hot, i gotta get me some of that" in fact hes a bit scared of them in case this happens :)
So its just always confused me how so many associate the idea wirh something sexual.
Maybe thats wjy the guy did ot beimg so openly gay showed there was nothing sexual about it.

Murdoch paper, so DR, but I'm afraid this kind of thing just plays into the hands of the "BF is disgusting" brigade...

I remember seeing a documentary about an uncontacted tribe in South America or South East Asia (sorry, can't remember which), where as a parting gift, the explorers who made contact with them were expected to take a sip of milk from a lactating tribe member. I was certainly surprised as it doesn't fit into my cultural norms, but to be honest so what? I can imagine the Sun having a field day with that too.

I do find it a bit disgusting. He is ingesting a stranger´s bodily fluids! In my 16 months of breastfeeding i never had the courage to taste my own, but maybe its just me. But its not doing anyone any harm, and made for great tv, so whatever.

I dont see how it did anything for normalising breastfeeding though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->