OMG Will I lose them both?

mummyconfused

Loss 9+2 TTC - DNA Sperm Fragmentation
Reaction score
Just had my ultrasound and one baby measured spot one at 9weeks with hb the other 6weeks 5days with no hb.... I'm being referred to the early pregnancy unit again. Omg I'm so scared. Knew something was wrong after no morning sickness for a week

Oh Im sorry, I cant give any advice but I hope you dont lose any one of them but it doesnt sound good for one... I really hope you get some answers. Oh hun Im sorry!

The smaller one sounds like it hasn't grown, I am sorry :-(. The larger one sounds fine though. Best of luck.

Oh no! That was my worst fear with my twins. When I was pregnant I read so much about the different risk factors with identical twins, and it scared me so much that I had to stop reading. There was one thing that I read, about the umbilical cord going from one twin to the other, so the first twin got the majority of the nutrients, while the other got what was left. I really hope that is not what happened here. I hope that you get good news :hugs:

I'm really sorry and hope it's not a vanished twin. I administer an identical twins group though, and we've never seen a case where they didn't see two viable Hb's early and then you came back and there were two the next time. Some people on this forum don't know much about identical twinning to be able to relate that to you. It sounds like your original sonographer didn't have the heart to tell you and saw two Hb's, but one likely in the 70's and not thriving at your first appt. Wishing you all the best. It would have been too early for TTTS with a modi or momo pair or cord entanglement with momo twins. But, with identicals, sometimes that egg split is imperfect and that's likely the reason for the vanished twin. 50% of identical twin pregnancies involve a vanished twin, but the good news is a bunch of girls in our group got twins again in a future pregnancy. Hugs <3

Sorry to hear your news. I know another woman who had one twin stop growing. Her other twin was born happy and healthy. I know you are struggling with the loss of one baby. The other may turn out just fine. Keep your head up as much as you can. Don't feel bad for mourning though. So sorry you have to be going through this.

This also happened to a friend of mine and sadly she did lose one twin but the other was fine and is now a healthy six year old. I hope things turn out the best they can for you x

Sorry Hun... I hope if the worst has happened to 1 twin, that the other stays growing strong and healthy. Sorry you're going through this xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->