On birth control. Pregnancy suspicion.HELP

Dai28

Reaction score
Hi! I have been on Sprintec birth control for 2 years with no problem or serious side effects. About two weeks ago I began to feel weird. I just wasn't feeling like myself. I have been having frequent headaches, always tired, and feelings of nausea. I even found myself eating pork rinds while drinking milk one day.( I don't even like milk) Last week was the week of my period. With me being on the pill my period has always been very predictable. Coming on Tuesdays. Not this period. It came on a Wednesday and was very light for the first 2 days until the bleeding got slightly heavier but not like my normal periods and then lightened up again. I also kept having constant pain in my lower abdomen that didn't feel like my normal cramps. I took a pregnancy test Friday and the results were negative. However I am still having symptoms and I was so nauseous at work today that I began to gag but nothing came up. What could this be?

Your body changes over time. Could possibly no longer be the right birth control for you.

Side note & not to scare you but I got pregnant on Spintec and resulted in mc. I didn't know I was pregnant til it was already over.

It's worth a call to your dr because a sudden change like that could be a number of things, definitely suspicious since you've been regular so wrong! Xx

Your body changes over time. Could possibly no longer be the right birth control for you.

Side note & not to scare you but I got pregnant on Spintec and resulted in mc. I didn't know I was pregnant til it was already over.

It's worth a call to your dr because a sudden change like that could be a number of things, definitely suspicious since you've been regular so wrong! Xx

So you're saying that my body could be rejecting or became immune to the Sprintec?
And sorry to hear about you're mc. Not to intrude but if you don't mind me asking, what were the symptoms of your miscarriage? And did you still have a period during your unknown pregnancy?

Your body just might need more progesterone etc. If you aren't pregnant, your dr might give you a different, stronger bcp to try out for a few months. I wouldn't say it's getting immune... Like for me, I took Sprintec at 18 til just before 19, and had a mc. Tbh I don't know why or how I got pregnant. Whether I missed a pill or it wasn't strong enough, I don't know. I remember my cycles still being very regular.

I was 19 so I didn't notice any symptoms. Don't remember if I missed my period or not either. All I remember was terrible cramps and then passing some ball shapped tissue. (at the time I didn't know WHAT it was, and didn't learn until later I had had a mc...) I was single/not having sex for 7-8 months after that & when I went back on Sprintec, it made me bleed all month (very heavy!) , terribly sick all the time, so i rang my dr and they said it wasn't the right bc for me anymore. Shortly after that my oh and I decided to have a baby so I never started another bcp until now.

But anyway, like i said, your body's chemistry changes as you age so it's possible you just need maybe a pill with the same levels of progesterone all month.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->