On implant, but am i pregnant?

alicea

PCOS
Reaction score
basically i have had the Nexplanon implant in since nov 2011, and have been bleeding everyday since it went in!!!!! about 2-3weeks ago i got a shooting pain in my arm like it had snapped and now feels like theres a dip/break in the middle of the rod. I havent bled since then, and my arm has been painful and itchy. Today when goin to the toilet there was a small streaky bit of pink/red on the tissue.
I am having it removed on monday because of the terrible side effects

And advice ladies?

xxxxx

I seriously doubt you are; even if the implant did somehow break, which is also apparently unlikely. Apparently on the rare chance an implant breaks, it'll mean even more contraceptive hormones will go through your body. I was told when I thought mine had broken years ago that nothing will come of it. x

Yeah, I highly doubt youre pregnant. The implant is pretty strong. But definitely go to the doctors and get those side effects checked out x

Hey, I had my implanon removed this week mainly to try for #2 after being on it 5 years (2 implants). Now mine never broke but I have to say I probably bled 15-20 days out of every month and sometimes could bleed for up to 8 wks at a time. I don't think I'd use it again, hated the side effects but I do believe its very effective as birth control. However, I've heard breakage can cause the hormones to leak out in one-go as opposed to a daily dose being released and if this is the case I guess after initial contraceptive overload leaves your system around the time of break, you probably would no longer be protected. My doc also told me that given the amount of bleeding I had on it I could expect my period to return pretty fast compared to women who havn't had a bleed in years....she said that while it was preventing ovulation (and therefore pregnancy) it wasn't doing a great job of suppressing the hormones that build up the lining in your womb and that once I ovulate everything else seems to be in order.
Sorry about long post, I just feel like it's so hard to find people who've been on implant! (No wonder when you look at side effects!!!) I doubt your preg but i would start using condoms between now and removal if you don't want to be!

Hi. I would be pretty sure you're not pg, but I know the feelings all to well! I've had implants now for over 10 years, and the majority of the time I loved it and then therer were times I was convinced I was pg, I'd have every symptom going, spotting, sore boobs, tired, moody etc and I'd do a tonne of tests and they'd all be negative! I've also experianced it being ithcy and somtimes sharp pains in my arm. I had mine removed yesterday as we're ttc#2 and they don't suit everyone, so definitely get it checked out.

I'm going to have to agree with the others. My arm used to ache and i had the odd shooting pain and bleeding was irregular (sometimes lasting months, sometimes nothing) the implant does very weird things to you! I could feel mine and bend it in my arm but the chances of it braking were so unlikey. It's not likely you're pregnant hun xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->