• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

On my own

Halestorm

Reaction score
Hey guys. I'm pretty new to this but... I just need someone to talk to. I'm a seventeen year old. I'm 32 or 34 weeks along right now with my first little miracle. And I am so terrified. My mom and my dad told me I wasn't allowed to tell even my closest friends I'm pregnant or they'd kick me out. I settled on adoption a long time ago. The couple is terrific and I adore them and I am happy to know my little bundle of joy will be with them. But it is so hard going through this on my own. I can't tell my closest friends and the birth father... Well he exists but he likes to pretend its not happening, and like were not having a baby. We aren't even dating and we don't even talk. It's a nightmare. I've never felt more alone. And not only that, I'm a senior in high school and I have to hide that I'm pregnant. Thankfully I'm not really showing too much (i look six months even though i'm eight). And its very likely what I'll only gain four more pounds (we're really small in our family). But I am so alone. I'm watching the movie what to expect when you're expecting, and they all have so much support and I have none. Is it wrong to feel so alone? I feel selfish for wanting more support. I just don't know. I guess I just really need someone to talk to.. Help?

Hey I'm Rachel and I'm 11 weeks with my first (technically second) I fell pregnant when I was 17 near enough 18 and I had no support I told the baby's farther and he said that he couldn't deal with a baby at the point, we'd only been together 2 months if that and we discussed adoption but I didn't think I could do it, I didn't have the strenght to do it. Unfortunatly that pregnancy ended in a MC. It hurt more not having the support than thinking about giving my child up for adoption. This pregnancy I have support from my OHs family and my OH (same guy as before) but I haven't even told my parents yet as I know I won't have the support. I'm 19 now so thinking a little older than you? Was adoption a joint decision? I'm always here if you need a chat. About pregnancy etc or just a general chat, Stay at home wives/mother to be has a lot of time on her hands haha.
Hope you feel better soon x

Hey I'm Rachel and I'm 11 weeks with my first (technically second) I fell pregnant when I was 17 near enough 18 and I had no support I told the baby's farther and he said that he couldn't deal with a baby at the point, we'd only been together 2 months if that and we discussed adoption but I didn't think I could do it, I didn't have the strenght to do it. Unfortunatly that pregnancy ended in a MC. It hurt more not having the support than thinking about giving my child up for adoption. This pregnancy I have support from my OHs family and my OH (same guy as before) but I haven't even told my parents yet as I know I won't have the support. I'm 19 now so thinking a little older than you? Was adoption a joint decision? I'm always here if you need a chat. About pregnancy etc or just a general chat, Stay at home wife/mother to be has a lot of time on her hands haha.
Hope you feel better soon x

Hey, your not selfish for wanting more support, you have a RIGHT to have support! I don't want to rock the boat with your family but who are they to tell you who you can and can't tell! Pregnancy isn't something to be ashamed of :)

Thank you guys. And it's shamefully for our family. Were pretty old fashion but thanks both of you. I just want some support you know? And I wish it was from the daddy

Hey I'm Jade, I'm 18 and 24 weeks pregnant. When I found out I was pregnant I was distraught. I never considered abortion but I did look into adoption. Eventually I couldn't allow myself to do it. I know it probably feels your back is up against the wall and you have no choice but to do what your family demands, but I don't think it's right to have to go through 32/34 weeks of pregnancy ALONE. I would lose my mind. Your are a very strong young woman for giving your child a chance at life.
There's also a series I watch called "I'm Having Their Baby" I think it's a good show. It's about parents who give their children up for adoption. Nothing will emotionally prepare for the day you have to give your bundle up. But if you watch the show I think it'll help you. Warning... I find it very emotional though.
I found that I really have no one to talk to either so I joined BNB, I love it here. Feel free to talk to us anytime
Btw, do you know what your carrying ?

Nope. I have no clue. I didn't want to go alone and my parents refused. The BF told me to get an abortion and that he didn't want to have anything to do with the baby. It's been a rough ride. I don't even know exactly what week I'm at. Ik I'm between 32-34 weeks. So I'm either having the baby in eight weeks orrrr possibly two. It's pretty scary. That's why I joined here. It's nice to know I'm not the only one with these problems because I'm going insane because of them!

I just want to hug you :hugs: I'm so sorry that you're going through this. You deserve all the support in the world, this is the time you need your family and friends most. I'm so sorry that you don't have a good support system behind you. I can't believe your parents told you that you can't tell anyone! It's one thing for them to "make" you put your child up for adoption, but they can't just pretend like it didn't happen once it's said and done with. You'll be eighteen before too long, they're going to have to start treating you like an adult. I could not even imagine not being able to share an experience like that with your closest friends. Feel free to PM me if you ever need to talk or vent. I had so much support in here during my first pregnancy, and I truly do believe I made some lifelong friends. I met some of my closest friends on bnb, I've actually even met a few in real life and we talk every single day.

You deserve so much more support! ): And no you do not have to feel wrong for wanting more!
I was 14 when I got pregnant, and I decided to keep our little man. At first everyone was surprised and disappointed, but they got to love Dallas.
If you ever need anyone to talk to just message me! I will be 17 in December and I am also in my senior year!

hey I'm Becca, almost 19 and 15 weeks with my first. I remember watching that movie when if first fell pregnant and crying because i felt like my boyfriend wasn't supporting me enough, and he still isn't. But I think why God makes women the ones to have babies, is because men can't handle it. Think about it, they're so weak and not motherly! But as for your parents, they sound selfish and horrible. you shouldn't have to hide a miracle. I understand that people judge but you're the one having the baby, NOT THEM. dont you have any friends you can talk to that won't mention it to your parents? maybe you could go to a therapist or something? you shouldn't have to do this on your own. and your parents sound absolutely rediculous. oh and they can't legally kick you out either until you're 18. so they can have fun trying. I'm sorry for what you're going through. But you have all of us on here for your support!

not only you DESERVE but you NEED much more support then this!!! it is very very inconsiderate and immature of your parents in the first place to isolate you like that from everyone you care about. this is gonna distance you from all of your friends and from your baby's father no matter how he is dealing with it right now and it can scar you forever.
because your recover from this will take way longer then the pregnancy.

they're no better then those religious extremists locking their daughters off for having kissed someone before getting married and so on.

i would go to the school councilor at least if i were you, or a psychologist, maybe your OB/GYN could suggest you one or you could go to planned parenthood or your GP, explain your situation and ask for help. if your family is cutting you off, at least the healthcare professionals have the duty of taking care of your emotional health.

i know this is not what you want and that you want the FOB to be there, but it may be the easiest way to break the silence, talking to someone neutral like an OB/GYN or a school councilor. i hope your parents don't think to justify your one month absence when you enter your last weeks by saying you caught a stomach bug. or they think to send you to school until you hit the labor just to justify their nice face. how do you cope with P.E. or other school activities that may be harmful for the baby? like chemistry classes and so on???

and regarding the FOB, i would just go and face him. tell him how you feel. he already KNOWS what's going on. he has no idea if you think of giving it up or keeping it. but at least he KNOWS you are pregnant. so there is no secret there to break. so i'd just go there and tell whatever comes to your mind to him. even screaming his head off for not stepping up so far if you feel like this.

being treated the way you are is outrageous. you need more emotional follow up and more care.

i am sending you a huge huge hug! and please break the silence!! it is so so unfair to you!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->